Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Logging in to the wrong (probably non-existent) eBay account

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Logging in to the wrong (probably non-existent) eBay account Reply with quote

I've just discovered a new problem. I mistyped my eBay id and entered my password then hit the log in button and I got (I think, because this took a while using the back button and Ctrl-C to pick up again):

Warning: file(/usr/local/apache2/data.dat) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/home_main.php on line 1505

Please wait...

and then I appeared to be logged in to this incorrect account name, but obviously could not see any of the snipes I had set up on the correct account name.

I think perhaps a second part to this problem may be that Gixen now thinks there is another registered user with this incorrect name, thus inflating the number of registered users?

I'm sure this didn't happen a couple of months ago when it would come up with a message saying that it could not log in to eBay.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:-0
God, you're right... Let me see what's wrong here. Thanks for reporting it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it's fixed now. Ebay changed the format of the "can't login" message, Gixen couldn't find it, and assumed the user logged in.

There is no danger any account has been compromised though, as snipes in the database are identified by a pair (username, password). This is also the reason why users who change their ebay password have to re-enter their snipes.

I don't think the number of (new) users is significantly inflated by this. This must have been a recent change on ebay and I haven't noticed a significant increase in daily signups. Good thing you noticed it early though Mark.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was a quick fix!...

I'm conststnly amazed at how fast you are able to do this, just about any other website takes at least 24 hours to fix this kind of thing even when it's an emergency... usually weeks when it is not... Proof positive if we ever needed it that a 'lean' organisation can react faster than all those monoliths that supposedly increase their quality by following longwinded 'procedures'.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.