Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

First time using, no bids placed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BizJoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject: First time using, no bids placed. Reply with quote

eBay item # 234872124039

I followed the steps at youtu.be/yHxhJt7q_sc?t=218

No bids were placed.

Bid history: ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/234872124039?item=234872124039&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

My username would appear as: g***s (10)

I set up Gixen when bids were at $10.50.

Screenshot of my settings: admin.trone.net/apps/files_sharing/publicpreview/gixen-settings?file=/&x=1680&y=1050&a=true

The winner appears to have also been using sniping software. Did I just get outsniped, or was one of my settings wrong?

I didn't use / pay for the mirroring service.

Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The purpose of sniping is to place a bid in the last few seconds of an auction.

A bid can only be placed if it's acceptable to Ebay though, I see from your screenshot that your snipe bid amount was 3 USD, which if you set it when the auction price was $10.50 was never acceptable as a bid on Ebay and certainly not at the end of the auction when the price was a lot more than that.

In that case you wouldn't expect to see your bid in the history as it would have been rejected by Ebay.

The 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' status that Gixen gave the snipe after the auction had completed is your indication that the bid was too low to be accepted.

If you had viewed the snipe on that interface before the auction had completed it would have been highlighted in yellow, that's an indication that the bid is already below the price that would be acceptable to Ebay.

This is exactly what you should always expect when your bid amount is too low.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

In the video by Gixen that I posted, they entered $2.00 for an item with a current bid price of $104.50.

The link I posted goes to the timestamp in the video where you can see that.

$2.00 is far below the bid price presented, and the $2.00 field isn't labeled, so the $2.00 value seemed to simply be the increment above the current bid price that Gixen would place when it sniped.

I'm not gonna complain too much about a free service, but... that video doesn't at all convey the idea that the $2.00 field is our max bid.

Not a big deal. Now I know. And thanks again for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.