Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Are Gixen accounts identifiable to ebay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie-Bit-My-Finger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Are Gixen accounts identifiable to ebay? Reply with quote

If I unlink my Gixen account from one ebay account and then link it to another ebay account is there any way for ebay to identify that this has happened.

Can ebay tell if the same Gixen account has been switched to another ebay account by way of some unique identifier / Gixen username etc.?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't think so, no.

Gixen uses the one permission you grant for it to bid on your behalf that is associated with your Gixen account, there is no need for it to pass on the Gixen credentials which it uses to keep that permission and your snipes secure on Gixen servers.

As you say, you can replace that permission with one for a different Ebay account any time you like.

Can I ask why you ask though ?

As an aside, if it's got anything to do with shill bidding, I'd definitely advise against that since Ebay has many other ways of detecting that kind of behaviour without the need to know anything about Gixen credentials.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay does not retrieve or store Gixen usernames. It knows, however, if authorization is granted to Gixen in general.
Charlie-Bit-My-Finger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Can I ask why you ask though ?

As an aside, if it's got anything to do with shill bidding, I'd definitely advise against that since Ebay has many other ways of detecting that kind of behaviour without the need to know anything about Gixen credentials.

Thanks guys. The reason I ask is that I reached a selling limit on my seller account nearly a year ago. I will spare you the details, but ebay is not always fair in how it applies rules, and their customer service advisors can sometimes give bad advice and make a bad situation much worse. Long story short I got suspended and do not know if they linked my buyer account with the suspended account / ip address etc.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:43 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.