Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinynorman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

My scheduled snipe for item 175341779583 (higher than winning bid) was not submitted, with GIXEN showing the reason as "AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED".

However, the item listing supports shipping to USA, and my primary shipping address is in USA (check on both eBay.com and eBay.de).

Why does GIXEN/eBay think my shipping address was restricted ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the status you got on the snipe will be as a result of the response Gixen got back from Ebay, when it tried to submit your bid, it is probably a question that is best directed to Ebay themselves.

Have you tried asking their customer services about it, and what was their response ?

Note, your shipping address is not something that Gixen has access to.

Out if interest was your target (as specified on the Settings page) the US or German site ?
spinynorman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main and mirror sites are both set to United States.

I haven't tried contacting eBay yet.
spinynorman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was just on a chat with eBay, and they provided the following explanation:

Quote:
Got it, thank you! Checking here, the seller is the one having an issue on their end, they are from Germany and yes, they have listed US but on their account and shipping preferences, their account is not yet set up for international transactions that's why you got that error, it means no details provided by the seller for US transactions yet.

So, even though the seller didn't have their account properly setup to support international shipping, eBay still let them make this listing that said they would support shipping to USA/etc. I told eBay it would have been useful if they didn't allow a listing to include international shipping if they knew from seller's setup that bids would not be accepted!
Rolling Eyes
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update. Sadly, it's not the first time that Ebay has supported mutually exclusive options, at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.