Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

S&H says $0, which is wrong much of the time...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bolstix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: S&H says $0, which is wrong much of the time... Reply with quote

I've noticed that Gix often says S&H is $0 (on the main snipe page, in the fine print) but checking the item often reveals a shipping price. Sometimes, Gix will show the correct S&H price...sometimes, not.

Ideas?

For example 195199536470 was listed as $0 shipping, when it was in fact $5.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time I looked at this, the problem was on the ebay side of things. I will take another look, but I don't think this has been fixed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, viewing from ebay.co.uk, that listing now has:

'This item will post to United States, but the seller has not specified postage options. Contact the seller and request a postage method to your location.'
Bolstix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
The last time I looked at this, the problem was on the ebay side of things. I will take another look, but I don't think this has been fixed.

Thanks. Odd, though, that SOME of the time the S&H is correct, and other times, not. I wonder what would explain the variability.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Bolstix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
For me, viewing from ebay.co.uk, that listing now has:

'This item will post to United States, but the seller has not specified postage options. Contact the seller and request a postage method to your location.'

Not what we see stateside, where it is unambiguously listed as $5 shipping, but shows up on the Gix as $0. Are you suggesting that sellers who give unspecified international shipping options may cause Gixen to display "$0" for S&H?

The reason this is an issue with me, is that I often decide my bid amount at the Gixen page. Having accurate ship info would be a boon. I've overpaid a few times because I thought the "$0 S&H" shown on Gix was real. Now I know better and click through to see what the real S&H is.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note, I changed my options to try to display the postage options for the United States, even though I actually generally use the .co.uk site and myself live in the UK, and then it displayed that message.

So, I'm suggesting that perhaps Ebay imposes a default shipping cost if the seller doesn't specify one, perhaps dependent on the category of the item... If not that (and Ebay has been given a shipping price for the item by the seller), then Ebay is not displaying the correct information on its international sites and if we get them to correct that, as a knock on effect, it might help with Gixen displaying the correct value too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.