Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"You are not eligible to bid on this item\"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Class

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:51 am    Post subject: \"You are not eligible to bid on this item\" Reply with quote

I've checked through the forum and no satisfactory answer to this question.

Ebay UK number - 325254493285

I paid my mirror subscription and this was my first bid. There were no there bidders for the item and it was not complicated or expensive. I've checked all my details and they are correct. However I noticed at the top of the snipe it says GIXEN MAIN - CHICAGO and GIXEN MIRROR - MIAMI. I live in the UK so has that got something to do with it? If yes, why is it doing that as I specified my residence as UK.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also located in the UK, and most of the items I snipe are also located here. The titles of the tabs are just indictions that Gixen servers are located in different locations. As an aside, all Ebay servers are also located in the United States of America, that includes for all the satellite sites like ebay.co.uk, so having Gixen servers located in America is always an advantage never a problem.

The most likely reason that your snipe was blocked by Ebay is that the title of the auction contained the word 'Knives' and although any human can see this is not the type of knives the British legislation is designed to restrict the sale of, the Ebay software won't be able to distinguish well enough which are to be restricted and which are not... I imagine had you tried to bid manually well before the auction ended there would have been a process presented to you whereby you could verify your age and gain authority to place a bid, as it is with so little time and no way for you to verify this via an automated snipe bid, the Ebay software designed to help them comply with local legislation won't have done you any favours.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I am also located in the UK, and most of the items I snipe are also located here. The titles of the tabs are just indictions that Gixen servers are located in different locations. As an aside, all Ebay servers are also located in the United States of America, that includes for all the satellite sites like ebay.co.uk, so having Gixen servers located in America is always an advantage never a problem.

The most likely reason that your snipe was blocked by Ebay is that the title of the auction contained the word 'Knives' and although any human can see this is not the type of knives the British legislation is designed to restrict the sale of, the Ebay software won't be able to distinguish well enough which are to be restricted and which are not...

Thanks for that, seems logical. I'll try and buy something innocuous and see how that goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.