Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

You are not eligible to bid on this item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chriswwwww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:57 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item Reply with quote

I'm new to Gixen and getting this error message "You are not eligible to bid on this item" on every snipe.

I'm using ebay.co.uk

The items are listed and ship from the UK.

I've successfully placed lower manual bids on all items.

I'm an ebay old hand and have 100% positive feedback.

The same error happening from different sellers.

Any idea why this is happening?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you provide any example auction ids ?

Have you tried approaching Ebay and asking them why your bids are being rejected by them ?
chriswwwww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my last actions I got the message AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED. I think ebay sees my snipes are coming from ebay.com for ebay.co.uk auctions.

Here are some of the failed actions
314035502991 403717234940 403717274079

PS When I click on GIXEN View Shipping Information or Bids it opens Ebay.com and not Ebay.co.uk
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change which site the bids are directed to on the Settings page, it's known as 'Ebay country site' there.

You can also change where the links point, that's known as 'Your current country setting' (the section before the one I referenced in the first paragraph).

That said, Ebay uses the shipping address you have provided them in order to determine whether a seller is willing to send items to you, so I'd advise you to check what country you have specified there.

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

chriswwwww

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid

I checked all the GIXEn settings and they are set to United Kingdom.
eBay default address in United Kingdom.

Tried again with 225039243729 and get same error - AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED.

I also "Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay" and noticed that this happens on ebay.com. Not sure if this is relevant.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reauthorise process does always go via the .com site, no matter where your account was registered or where your bids are sent. That is not relevant to your issue though, Ebay accounts are global, so you have the same credentials on all their sites.

Did you check your shipping address in their site, as I suggested ?, That may well be different from your default address.

If that does not lead you to an answer your next step may be to contact Ebay customer services and ask them why they are rejecting your bids, because the status that you are getting is as a result of Gixen trying to place the bid for you but it being rejected by Ebay software.

If you've changed all your Country settings on here you should, at least, notice that the links now direct you to the UK site.
chriswwwww

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark

Yes I've checked the Primary Delivery Address and is points to the UK.

I've tested the View Shipping Information & Bids links on the latest bids and they still open ebay.com. But the the Item Number and Seller ID and bid link, beside the ÂGBP ÂGBP , points to ebay.co.uk. Is that correct?

Customer service say the count is not restricted and that they can't see why the bids should fail. I pushed and they raised a ticket 1-443648752679 with their tech team - but will take 72 hours to get a reply.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I never use the 'View Item Description', 'View Shipping Information' and 'Bids:' links, but you are right they do still point to .com, that's a defect which should be fixed.

If Ebay don't provide an explanation, email Mario at the support address provided on the Contact page and give him some example failed snipes (auction numbers as you did here) and he may be able to get a bit more information from the logs of what was returned by Ebay when Gixen tried to submit your bids.
chriswwwww

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marks

I've contacted Ebay again and they say everything in "normal".

I had this error today(it fails every time)
Item: 403787302435
Title: Huawei Y6 (2019) MRD-LX1 - 32GB - Sapphire Blue (Unlocked) (Dual SIM)
Seller: prada777-7
Status (main): You are not eligible to bid on this item.
Status (mirror): You are not eligible to bid on this item.

I'll send a note to Mario.
chriswwwww

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another failure with a different message :-

Item: 334508530606
Title: Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 3 - Black - PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION
Seller: northwichdirect
Status (main): Missing access token
Status (mirror): Missing access token
Your maximum bid: 1.23
Current price: 0.99
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one looks like it might be related to the authorisation, but you only updated that a short while ago dodn't you (as mentioned earlier in this thread), and I assume you have not changed any of your Ebay credentials since then ?

Is it all your snipes that fail, or just some of them, if not all what proportion are failing ?

Yes, as I suggested before, send these to Mario via email (with a note of your Gixen id) and he may be able to get more details of what Ebay is returning from the logs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.