Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Not keeping up with current bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cjdkc

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Not keeping up with current bid Reply with quote

I'm a new and generally satisfied user. My only concern is twice now Gixen desktop and Gixen phone app did not have the curre bid listed. It stopped keeping up and I did not realize my bids were now low. I generally check the desktop and look for the yellow highlighted bids that show I've been outbid or the auction has ended. It did keep up initially as bidders bid, but then stopped. My low bid was recognized only after I lost the auction' and that's when the bid price changed.since then I've checked my watched list and found it has not kept up on some other bids. If I delete the bid and re_add it or modify it, the current bid price updates. Appears to be a bug of some kind. No item ids as bids are over
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a bug, it's by design, the resources required to monitor all Ebay auctions in real time would be prohibitive, so the auction prices are updated periodically, more frequently towards the end of the auction.

The next few scheduled ones are also updated when you log in, but not all of them if you have scheduled a lot.

You can also use the refresh button to request an update, but again I don't think it's designed to update them all when you have a lot, and it should be used sparingly.

An alternative is to use the Gixen Desktop Manager, if you have a Windows based computer, that can use your own computers resources to constantly fetch the prices direct from Ebay if you configure it to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.