Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

I sent bids on an item I deleted 5 days ago??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hattrickj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: I sent bids on an item I deleted 5 days ago?? Reply with quote

I deleted item 154954877869 on 4/20/22. It is showing up as bid 0.00 and status ENDED in my History. Today I received an email notification that I have won the item and need to pay. The bid would have come from Gixen because there are two bids.

Could you please explain what has happened?

I have contacted the seller but this is very embarrassing.

I don't want to have to pay for an item that I don't need.

My snipes aren't looking like they normally would because they are only showing current snipes and this item wasn't showing there, with a bid from me.

Could you please work out what is wrong, as I do not want this to happen again, and this may cost me USD 35, or strikes on my ebay account. [/img]
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't deleted this item 5 days ago, you edited it and set the bid to 201.88. You deleted it only some hour and a half after auction already ended.
hattrickj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
You haven't deleted this item 5 days ago, you edited it and set the bid to 201.88. You deleted it only some hour and a half after auction already ended.

I never deleted it. All my auctions were gone out of my account so I couldn't check anything. I never purged anything. What is wrong with my account? This has never happened before.

If I made a bid it should have shown in my account, not just current auctions.
hattrickj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:

As far as deleting it goes, I was just going by what I could find in my history because it wasn't in my current snipes list.

Did anything else get purged or deleted today?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you Edit a snipe you will eventually get a record in your history that you deleted the original snipe. It will have been replaced by the one Mario is referring to.

What Mario is saying is that you still had that live snipe for this item for an amount of 201.88 when the auction ended, which you won as a result.

Then according to the server records (that only Mario has access to), he says you deleted the snipe an hour and a half after the auction ended. That will have removed it from your snipes page, but it's impossible for that to retrospectively withdraw the winning bid that had already been made as the auction was ending.

After you win an auction it has to be up to you to negotiate with the seller if you actually don't want to buy the item from them.
hattrickj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

Then according to the server records (that only Mario has access to), he says you deleted the snipe an hour and a half after the auction ended. That will have removed it from your snipes page, but it's impossible for that to retrospectively withdraw the winning bid that had already been made as the auction was ending.
Wink

I only logged in when I saw the eBay email and nothing was there 🤷‍♂️
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that you've accidentally set up more than one Gixen account ?

That said, if it was deleted an hour and a half after the auction was won, only you can do that, the automated removal from the snipes list is a few days, not a few hours.
hattrickj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Is it possible that you've accidentally set up more than one Gixen account ?

That said, if it was deleted an hour and a half after the auction was won, only you can do that, the automated removal from the snipes list is a few days, not a few hours.

I'm not sure what has happened. But I guess there isn't anything I can do now except wait for the seller to come back to me. If I had of clicked on the wrong item to place my bid that is done. It was that it had disappeared, so I couldn't see that I had made that bid (which is why I looked at history) is what I thought may have been a glitch.

I'm not sure what other auctions I had in my account that were finished at that time. I obviously didn't win any of them that I wasn't trying to (if there were indeed other ended items to be purged).

Anyway thanks for your replies. You can change the title of the post to something more appropriate like "Ended items removed from snipe list without purging" if you feel that would be more useful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.