Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

password change made safer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amadeu11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: password change made safer Reply with quote

If I understand it right, in order to change ones GIXEN password (not ebay pw), we have to reset it over the email address.

I suggest, we can change our pw from inside our account settings. BTW, we should have an account settings page at GIXEN. It would make matters safer.

In the future one could use 2FA as well.

Best
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already an account settings page, you access it via the Settings button near the top of the snipes page after you have logged on here.

The issue with allowing passwords to be changed from there is the possibility of others gaining access to your computer while you are logged on; perhaps if you log in at work during your lunch hour then take a comfort break away from your desk without locking your screen.

Another issue is that there needs to be a way to reset your password if for some reason you've lost access to your account, clearly that can't be done if you have to log in first.

I don't have any particular issue with 2FA but it does lead to far more people getting locked out of their accounts, sometimes at very inconvenient times for them. It's certainly not something I would make mandatory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.