Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

The YOUR BID box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamster8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject: The YOUR BID box Reply with quote

I use Gixen all the time, and when I enter a new item, there has always been a big list of previously used bids and I can select one for my latest bid. Now, suddenly, all those stored previous bids have gone. Every time I wish to place a new bid, I have enter a new amount. Next time, that previously entered bid is gone and the panel is blank. I would imagine that this is not actually attributable to Gixen at all, but would assume that it is my browser updates that have decided not to store my previous bids. Am I correct?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was, in fact, my doing, I added autocomplete=off tag to the price input field, as a few users asked for this - autocomplete helped them make a mistake and enter a wrong amount.

How important is this to you? I could make it configurable, but does this really matter? How many bids do you typically enter?
hamster8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject: The YOUR BID box Reply with quote

Yes I really like this component. I bid on small collectible items and place a lot of bids every week. Apart from obvious benefits of sniping, I have found Gixen to be incredibly useful in keeping track of my bidding. If I didn't use Gixen to do this, I would never know what was happening because I am handling 20-100 auctions a week. For Gixen to retain these pre-entered bids is extremely useful to me. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mario, I do hope you can reinstate this functionality back to the way it was. I find it a nuisance to have to keep entering data in this panel repeatedly, when it was all stored beautifully before. If other people enter wrong bids - then they should be more careful. Everything is laid out so that it is very easy to update if your bid amount is wrong. In my view, the loss of this storage facility isn't justified because a few people are just being inattentive. I do hope you will reinstate it. Thank you.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.