Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Where is the settings page?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickConneff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Where is the settings page? Reply with quote

I'd like to change my username. I've seen references to a settings page in other posts, but i've been unable to locate it.

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's good news and not so good news.

The Settings page can be accessed after logging on here and then pressing the Settings button near the top of the snipes page.

Unfortunately there isn't, at present, an option to change your Gixen id, if that's what you mean by 'change my username'.

If you mean you want to change the Ebay account that Gixen bids on; Yes, that's possible via the second section of the settings page, and if you've changed it's name on Ebay it just requires you to log in to Ebay again using those new Ebay credentials.

If however you really do want to change your Gixen id, you can achieve that result if you are prepared to undertake a bit more work. First you'd need to set up a new Gixen id with your preferred name and provide it with the authority to bid on the same Ebay id as you currently have authorised on your current Gixen id. Then, assuming that you have a Mirror subscription you'd then need to transfer it from your old Gixen id to your new one, this can be done via the Mirror Transfer form which can be accessed from the Settings page which you now know how to access. Then for any snipes set up on your old id you'd need to set them up on your new one and delete them from your old account. Finally if you really wanted you could delete your old id once again via the settings page near the bottom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.