Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Unwatch an item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bustagixen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Unwatch an item Reply with quote

If I import my watch list and then I later "unwatch" an item, will a bid still be placed on that item?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing from your watch list sets up a snipe with a bid amount of 0.0.

In order to enable a snipe like that you need to Edit it and assign it a bid amount higher than the auction starting price or if there are already bids higher than the current auction price plus one bid increment.

As an aside, this convoluted process is the reason I don't use such a process personally, I find it much more productive to add the snipes I want in one go using the auction id, the maximum amount I'm prepared to bid and the 'Add' button.

Anyway if you have gone to the trouble of enabling the snipe so that a bid can be placed at the end of he auction then Gixen will certainly proceed with your wishes no matter what you do to your Watch List on Ebay.

If you just leave a snipe with the default value of 0.0, obviously it wont be possible for the snipe to succeed when the time comes.

You can also delete an enabled snipe before an auction completes, however it's advisable to do so at least two minutes before the auction completes as after that the sniping process will be getting ready to place the bid and it's possible you might still win if you try to cancel it that late.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
bustagixen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense, thanks.
ED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Setting snipe amounts from imported watchlist Reply with quote

I tried this:

----------------------------------
In order to enable a snipe like that you need to Edit it and assign it a bid amount higher than the auction starting price or if there are already bids higher than the current auction price plus one bid increment.
----------------------------------

When I try to edit an imported item, it doesn't let change the bid (snipe) amount or anything else. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be pressing something besides Edit on the specific item?

B
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject: Setting snipe amounts from imported watchlist

ED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject: bidding from watchlist Reply with quote

Found the reason....... I have to go to the bottom of the page after hitting edit on a particular auction to make the modifications.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: bidding from watchlist Reply with quote

Quote:
ED wrote:
I have to go to the bottom of the page after hitting edit on a particular auction to make the modifications.

That's right, by default.

If you have a Mirror subscription you can move those fields to the top by changing the Input fields position on the Settings page that comes up when you push the Settings button on the snipes page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.