Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

No bid from Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
L973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: No bid from Gixen Reply with quote

Paid subscription user here. Just lost an auction (apparently), my highest was 51.57eur but the item sold for 40.50. Status is ENDED. My bid never actually went through, there's nothing on my Ebay account. Interesting stuff.

My ID (???): raven_rampkin
Item ID: 393711571056
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a late edit only 34 seconds before auction end. That's too late.

The previous entry got deleted, and there was not enough time to insert the new one into the execution queue.
L973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, yea I did and it actually threw me an error in those lines (but still updated the snipe on the snipe list). Thanks for the reply!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The preparations to place the bid for you can start up to two minutes before the auction ends.

That background process can't be checking back with the user interface to see if you've changed your mind about the amount after that because it would slow the process down and therefore potentially cause it to be too late to place the bid.

When you make a change that late the best that the user interface can do is send a message to the cancel the background process as it otherwise won't be carrying out what your new instructions are requesting. That request is much more likely to get through and the whole process be terminated than for there to be time for the additional requirement to start again with the new instructions and still be able to place the bid in time.

If you feel you need to change things very late in the auction it's best to just place the bid manually on Ebay yourself. Gixen provides a link to the auction page within the item number at the left of every snipe which enables you to get there quickly.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

L973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup that makes perfect sense. I was expecting more out of the platform than it would be sensible to Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.