Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"private listing\" from Gixen?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sci231

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject: \"private listing\" from Gixen? Reply with quote

I lost a bid on an item and looked at the bidding history. Every bid but mine through Gixen are "private listing - bidders' identities protected."
Anyway, just curious why all other bids were labeled "protected" but mine through Gixen, and can we have Gixen manipulate ebay to do the same for us?

eBay item number: 224693470473
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are seeing your own bid on the bids page because you are logged in to your Ebay account, if you log out you'll find that all bids are labelled the same.

Equally, since I'm logged into my own account I can not tell which is your bid, they are all labelled 'private listing - bidder identity protected'.

This is how Ebay always works it has nothing to do with how the bid was placed.
sci231

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: \\\"private listing\\\" from Gixen? Reply with quote

Well, from the bid listings I have seen, the bidder "name" is made from the first and last characters of the signonID separated by 3 asterisks all as link to their bid history. That "private listing" text seems to be a rare thing.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, other peoples bids on normal listings are provided that way, if you are logged into your account you can always see your own bids on a listing though, it does not matter whether or not it is private.

If Ebay did not do it that way you'd never be able to tell, after the fact. which bids were your own.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.