Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Help understanding bid date order on this listing.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EHT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Help understanding bid date order on this listing. Reply with quote

Re item: 363588359771

I'm trying to understand the bid history of this because there's a bid with a date before my bids but at a higher amount than my bids. Despite this, I was the high bidder (manually) until the last day. I won using Gixen but the bid order here doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing?

How could there have been a bid higher than my manual bid that was placed earlier but didn't show up until the last day?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay displays the bids in order of the amount bid, not in chronological order.

What this is saying is that the GBP 8.78 bid was placed the day after the auction was started. Your bid of GBP 3.19 on 23 Oct was immediately outbid by that earlier bid, and the auction price would have been displayed as GBP 3.39 (your bid plus one bid increment), you may not have noticed that, but I'm sure it was because the only other explanation is that Ebay has a defect that I've never seen before and that no one else has ever reported anywhere.

It was only when your final bid was placed on the auction, by Gixen, that the original bidder was replaced as the highest bidder and the auction price rose to the final selling price of GBP 9.28.
EHT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Ebay displays the bids in order of the amount bid, not in chronological order.

What this is saying is that the GBP 8.78 bid was placed the day after the auction was started. Your bid of GBP 3.19 on 23 Oct was immediately outbid by that earlier bid, and the auction price would have been displayed as GBP 3.39 (your bid plus one bid increment), you may not have noticed that, but I'm sure it was because the only other explanation is that Ebay has a defect that I've never seen before and that no one else has ever reported anywhere.

It was only when your final bid was placed on the auction, by Gixen, that the original bidder was replaced as the highest bidder and the auction price rose to the final selling price of GBP 9.28.

Thank you. What confused me is that the automatic bids are missing from the list. So it appears to jump from ÂGBP 3.39 to ÂGBP 8.78 with no bid in between and therefore no reason since both are from the same bidder. I didn't realize that automatic bids just get erased from the list.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get Ebay to display the values that were displayed on the site at interim values by selecting the 'Show automatic bids' toggle on the bids page.

Those interim values are, of course, not separate bids, they are just the portion of the bid that was displayed in order to win had later higher bids not been placed that raised the auction price further.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.