Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bid for an item without any bids using gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goofyhunter77

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: bid for an item without any bids using gixen Reply with quote

could you help please? 1st time gixen user
an item with a starting bid of ÂGBP 150 has had no bids, i've set gixen up to bid for me before the auction end a maximum bid of ÂGBP 1020, if it attracts no other bids will gixen bid ÂGBP 1020 and i be liable for that amount if they are no other bids?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, firstly the auction price that you see is rarely the high bid that has been placed, which you don't see until it is outbid.

Gixen places the bid, that you specify, in the last few seconds of the auction.

The way that Ebay works you only ever have to pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder. This is why it's safe to schedule your snipe at the highest amount you are willing to pay without the passibility that you would have to pay that much if no-one else is prepared to bid anything close to that amount.

In the specific case you mention, if you are the only bidder then you would indeed win the auction at the starting price, and no one other than you would ever know what your high bid actually was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.