Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

eBay error: Purchase Limit Exceeded

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sootica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: eBay error: Purchase Limit Exceeded Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I had a snipe fail earlier today (the eBay item number was 224638565221), and Gixen gave the reason as "eBay error: purchase limit exceeded".

I was worried there had been some sort of limit put on my eBay account, so I contacted their customer support and explained what had happened.

I explained I didn't have any unpaid items, nor had I received any message from eBay about a buying limit (my eBay account isn't new, and it's active regularly). The customer support adviser was eventually able to confirm there wasn't a limit set on my eBay account (mind you, I haven't tested this yet!), but said the problem was with Gixen.

Now, I have my doubts that they knew what they were talking about, and I'm wondering if they just blamed the problem on Gixen as an "easy answer". Does anyone know what caused this error?

At the end of the day, it's no big deal (there will always be another auction), but I'm curious as to what caused it. I suspect it had nothing to do with Gixen!

Thanks 🙂
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is certain is that Gixen would not generate an error of that nature on its own.

What is presented is an interpretation of what was returned by Ebay when an attempt was made to place the bid.

So it's certain the bid was rejected by Ebay... the only thing it's possible for Gixen to have got wrong is the interpretation of the response it got from Ebay.

Interestingly that auction was won with a snipe bid, by an Ebay account with 321 feedback, it would be interesting to know if that winning snipe bid was also placed via Gixen.
Sootica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! And while it's possible Gixen may have got the reason wrong, I don't think anyone could fault Gixen when eBay don't even seem to know what happened!

Well, I hope the winning bidder enjoys their prize, I'm sure I'll be lucky again soon! 😊
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately Ebay Customer support staff very rarely seem to have a particularly deep knowledge of Ebay systems, or the access that would be required to interrogate them properly even if they did know where to look.

If people keep asking, and rejecting what does not make sense perhaps eventually they'll gain the knowledge required, but it's been this way for many years now so perhaps they will never get there.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.