Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

gixen not linking to ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twistedvapour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject: gixen not linking to ebay Reply with quote

hiya

for the past month i have been trying to get my gixen re-linked to my ebay account. however when i go to setting and re link my account it brings me to ebays sign in page

after signing in i get this message

Thank you
If we ever need you to let us know it's really you, we'll use the information you confirmed to do it.

i click ok. then it leads to this page

We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.
Go to homepage.

Any help would be appreciated
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend, independent of Gixen that you go to www.ebay.com direct and log into your account directly on there.

It sounds to me like they want you to confirm something on your account before they'll let you proceed with anything else and they are not getting that via the route you are taking.

I'd check your Ebay messages on there and see if they've tried asking you to do something that way too.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Twistedvapour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I'd recommend, independent of Gixen that you go to ebay.com direct and log into your account directly on there.

It sounds to me like they want you to confirm something on your account before they'll let you proceed with anything else and they are not getting that via the route you are taking.

I'd check your Ebay messages on there and see if they've tried asking you to do something that way too.

I’ve attempted all this and still no joy
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you've logged in independently is there any change to the flow you get when trying to provide Gixen with the authorisation required ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject:

Twistedvapour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Now that you've logged in independently is there any change to the flow you get when trying to provide Gixen with the authorisation required ?

No change at all I still receive the same errors. It also makes me sign in again
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is always supposed to force you to log in.

It seems to be just you having this issue at the moment so at the moment it looks like something specific to your Ebay account.

Have you changed your Ebay id since you last successfully authorised your account ?
Twistedvapour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Yes, it is always supposed to force you to log in.

It seems to be just you having this issue at the moment so at the moment it looks like something specific to your Ebay account.

Have you changed your Ebay id since you last successfully authorised your account ?

Hiya, no I haven’t changed any details on my eBay account. I’ve been trying to get it work the past month. Even tried different devices. I.e. windows safari chrome.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any special characters in your username ?

Is the settings page indicating that your Ebay id was authorised before (even if the date when it expires is in the past) ?

Did you use the 'Unlink eBay account' prior to trying to authorise the account again ?
twistedvapour

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Are there any special characters in your username ?

Is the settings page indicating that your Ebay id was authorised before (even if the date when it expires is in the past) ?

Did you use the 'Unlink eBay account' prior to trying to authorise the account again ?

I have one underscore in my username. I’ve tried to unlink my account when I couldn’t link it. I even headed to the eBay side and took it away from third party applications hoping it will then allow me to re link
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and include your Gixen and eBay usernames. I'll try to see what happens here.
twistedvapour

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject: Can’t link account Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Please email me and include your Gixen and eBay usernames. I'll try to see what happens here.

Hiya. I’ve emailed you
twistedvapour

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Issue still occurs Reply with quote

Still having this issue. Has anyone found a solution?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twistedvapour,

Can you please follow this step-by-step guide and explanation here: https://www.gixen.com/blog/ebay-third-party-authorizations/

If this doesn't work, please let me know what you see.
Jggd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to resolve this by removing the 3rd party authorization for Gixen on the eBay account settings, then enabling 2-step verification. I then simply re-authorized from the Gixen settings as normal. Removing the authorization may not have done anything, but I figured I’d mention it.
patvideo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Ebay not linking to GIXEN Reply with quote

Hi there gentlemen,

Same problem as Twistedvapour and cupid. I've read the Gixen instructions as per the provided link in this thread. I've enabled two-step verification. I've actively unlinked the Ebay account and then tried to re link and NO success. Ebay message is "...Looks like this page is missing!" tried several times. any help would be appreciated.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not got, or ever had, this issue.

As Mario suggested to twistedvapour above please can you try to email him at the support address given on the Contact page. Please include your Gixen id and a short explanation of the issue, as you've already done here.
patvideo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Ebay not linking to GIXEN Reply with quote

Thank you Mark! Just contacted Mario.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.