Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Painfully slow - needs to be addressed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billheidecker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Painfully slow - needs to be addressed Reply with quote

I have been using the new interface since the launch and have had to switch back to the old one as the new one is painfully slow. I had thought maybe it was just my desktop but have had the same experience on a newer desktop and my android phone. I also see some comments in the community that people have had similar experiences.

I am finding the new interface to be slower by a factor of 4 or 5X the original. While I have had great success with Gixen for the last number of years and want to keep using Gixen I am concerned about the practicality of using the new interface once the old one is eventually retired.

Is there a solution in the works to address the speed on the new interface?
Are there any tips on making it operate more quickly in the meantime.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the most likely influence on the speed of the interface is likely to be the number of active snipes that you have scheduled.
letmebid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Painfully slow - needs to be addressed Reply with quote

I have to agreed with Billheidecker, that the performance of the site has degraded over that last month. In the last week it's really been slow and I've not been had as many snipes set-up as I had 3-6 months ago. Something is definitely up and I am noticing a spinning icon on the UI more and more.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spinning animation is a new thing, introduced only a few days ago, it did not exist before.

I have repeatedly looked at this and compared performance of the old vs new site, and I see no difference. Can you give me more details - how many snipes do you have, and what operations take longer than expected?

You can compare (and even measure times) with the old UI, which is still available at https://www.gixen.com/legacy/index.php
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject:

BlueSaint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am finding the new Gixen painfully slow. If I import Watch List it will take several minutes which I kinda understand as it may be importing 50 or more items, but it is much slower than old Gixen. Once those items are imported, if you hit EDIT, the screen is greyed out for appprox 40 secs before you can enter a snipe value. Once you do it takes another 40 secs to register it and rebuild the database. Likewise if you DELETE an item it takes around 40 secs to do so and rebuild database. If you REFRESH, again 40 secs or more. I have tested this with half a dozen items present and 100, and it seems to make no difference, it takes at least 40 secs for any operation.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueSaint,

Can you please email me and include your username? 40 seconds wait is too long for edit / confirm. Even watchlist import should be much faster than that.

I need to see what's happening - I can't replicate that.
BlueSaint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Mario for your prompt and personal response, and for delivering a Turbo-Charged Gixen
billheidecker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speed improvements to the new interface are great.
Thanks for taking care of this!
Long live Gixen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.