Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New Gixen overrides my default snipe offset time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueSaint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: New Gixen overrides my default snipe offset time Reply with quote

This has only been happening since the New Look Gixen became default.

My snipe times are set to 10 secs Main & 12 secs Mirror in Settings. This appears to been fine on items I enter manually - the snipes will have a 10 displayed in the offer box.

However, if I import items from my Watch List in bulk which is what I tend to do every couple of days this does not work. When I add my bid Gixen overrides my main default of 10 secs and reverts to 6 secs (Gixens default) but it retains my mirror default of 12 secs! No offset time is displayed in the listing but if I go Edit it will display 6 secs ie Gixens original default not mine.
Bluesaint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“… the snipes will have a 10 displayed in the OFFSET box. “

Ooops
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that would seem to be odd behaviour.

My defaults are being used as I'd expect but I never import from a list so that's, no doubt, the cause of the difference.
yulinhan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: New Gixen overrides my default snipe Reply with quote

Could you fix this? It is so frustrating every time I enter the number, I have to manually select the main time from 6s (default) to 2s(my preference) even I already update it in my settings.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: New Gixen overrides my default snipe

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: New Gixen overrides my default snipe Reply with quote

yulinhan wrote:
Could you fix this? It is so frustrating every time I enter the number, I have to manually select the main time from 6s (default) to 2s(my preference) even I already update it in my settings.

Fixed, I agree that this must have been frustrating. Thank you for letting me know about it.
BlueSaint

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario, prompt response as always.

NOTE: for anyone else that was experiencing this problem, Mario’s tweak is not retrospective - ie anything previously imported via Watch List will still have the Gixen default offset, but anything new you import via Watch List will have your personal defaults applied.
22dollar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6sec Reply with quote

Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS change in SETTINGS, but always stays at 6 sec Embarassed ALSO can read Anti-Bot check 9 looks like 3 etc, may be just me, i am 78, and trying to not use glasses
22dollar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6se Reply with quote

Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6sec ** None of the snipes are from watch list
22dollar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6se Reply with quote

Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6sec Reply with quote
Restarted computer, logged out Gixen, still same problem...Am I the only one with 3 Mirror accounts and 1 free?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to confirm the situation exactly, we are talking about the Default bid offset section of the Settings page ?

You first change the values in the drop down menus next to Gixen main: and Gixen mirror: and then press the Update button just below them ?

After that the information at the start of that section, just below the title, remains as 'Your current default bid offset is: 6 seconds for the main server, and 6 seconds for the mirror server.' even though the numbers selected before you pushed the Update button were not 6 ?

This is occurring on a logged in Gixen account that has an active Mirror subscription ?

What values are displayed as defaults on the drop down menus just to the left of the Add button on the snipes page ?

Are you aware that changing the default values on the Settings page will only ever change those default values displayed in the menus on the snipes page, to save you the time of having to change these every time you set up a new snipe ?... Changing the offsets of existing snipes always has to be done via the Edit ---> Update process as for all other aspects of those existing snipes.
22dollar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6se Reply with quote

QUOTE"So to confirm the situation exactly, we are talking about the Default bid offset section of the Settings page ?'"
Yes, shows my change when reloading settings page every time, but always goes back to 6 sec
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What goes back ?

The display on the Settings page itself (just below that heading) or the values that are displayed just to the left of the Add button on the snipes page ?

I can't reproduce either of those not displaying what they should (using my Gixen account with an active Mirror subscription) so this is definitely not a problem that everyone has and this is the only report about it, so far.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
22dollar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6se Reply with quote

Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6se-----

Found the answer, the
"Manage Your Extensions" "Options" the entry offset places had gone blank-
entered numbers, now ok
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we been talking about the default values displayed in the Firefox extension that enables you to add snipes to Gixen direct from the Ebay auction page ?
22dollar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Cant change Default bid offset SHOWS in SETTINGS, stays 6se Reply with quote

"Have we been talking about the default values displayed in the Firefox extension that enables you to add snipes to Gixen direct from the Ebay auction page ?"
yes -Thanks for your replies
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

22dollar wrote:
Cupid wrote:
Have we been talking about the default values displayed in the Firefox extension that enables you to add snipes to Gixen direct from the Ebay auction page ?

yes

OK thanks, glad you managed to find a solution.

Autosnipe (as it's known here) is generally supported by Keith via this thread in the Announcements area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.