Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Could not add this item - auction number or money format no

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1value

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Could not add this item - auction number or money format no Reply with quote

Haven't been able to add any items today to Gixen. Get the same error message each time - even though auction end is days away.

This is the error message I get each time:

"Could not add this item - auction number or money format not valid ().

This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed."
sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Any eBay item I try to add it says I cannot add. I had a bunch of items I wanted to bid on coming up in 7 hours, but even items days away cannot be entered.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be a bit more specific as not everyone is having this issue.

Can you provide examples of auctions for which you can't add snipes ?

What format are you using in the boxes ?... e.g. the whole URL in the 'eBay Item Number' box, any non standard characters in the 'Your bid:' box, etc.
1value1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Could not add this item-auction number or money format not v Reply with quote

The full error message is this: "Could not add this item - auction number or money format not valid (274897194106, ).

This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed."

It does not matter what Item Number I enter now. None work.

Item number in question is above in the error message.

I am bidding on ebay.co.uk in GBP. It used to work in the previous Gixen without any issues.

A few days ago the new version worked and I was able to add items. Haven't been able to add items in the last 2 days at least.

Can you allow us somehow to revert back to old Gixen until the teething problems are sorted as currently this update does not work for the last 2+ days. Would rather revert to previous version that worked rather than it not working for a while.

thanks
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Could not add this item-auction number or money format not v

1value1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Could not add this item - auction number or money format not Reply with quote

On second thought when I said this new version used to work, the only snipes that worked were ones that I input the the previous Gixen before this new version went live on Monday. So the system imported them successfully into new version.

So don't think this new version works for items in UK in GBP to input manually any new items.

Haven't been able to add any items since new version went live and replaced old version.

I have been cutting/pasting item numbers to input into snipe - same as I was doing for years in previous versions.

Can we roll back to previous Gixen version manually somehow for now please.
sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please roll back to the prior version. I can't enter anything. It is really annoying as I just renewed for 2 years last week and looks like I will need to pay for another program as i cannot add anything to my snipes, only those that were entered 24 hours ago and earlier are still there.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can enter a snipe for item 274897194106 without any issue, using the latest web interface.

I would check that the authorisation in the second section of the Settings page is up to date, just in case that's the issue with your account(s).

Details as to how to access the legacy version are at the bottom of the Home page and on this thread in the Announcements area.
1value1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:46 am    Post subject: can't add item - invalid or monetary value problems Reply with quote

Checked my settings - all links with eBay and mirror valid until 2022 with eBay and with Given through end of year so not a settings problems.

Settings also set to UK site and GBP so not a monetary value problem either.

Tried another item (184996168719).

Same error message. Tried numerous Item nos. The item doesn't matter, just I can manually add any new snipes since new version was rolled out.

So if you can input the item also, it is not an issue with any of the items either nor settings.

I am located in UK and so items are listed in GBP. Is that what causes the monetary value bug that needs to get fixed?

Any solution would be appreciated as unable to add any snipes at all, regardless of item no, since Monday.

thx
1value1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Cant add item Reply with quote

Thanks for the legacy link.

Just tried it and can add items today. So legacy website works so settings, authorisations, etc. all good.

New website does not work as of yet.

Which I think narrows it down to a bug somewhere still in the new version.

Hope that helps narrow it down.
sniper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I can't add any item to the new version but using the link to the legacy version everything works fine.

For example I cannot add this in the new version:

ebay.com/itm/124844418980?hash=item1d114ea7a4:g:1isAAOSwiKJhECTp(2).

However no problem adding it in the legacy version.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniper wrote:

Is that how you are attempting to add items, using the whole url, as opposed to just the auction number ?
soliton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having this issue, which also goes away when using the legacy gixen site. Using brave browser but it also happens with chrome & IE.

I always just use the item #.

I've gotten several different error messages when trying to add. Currently it is

"This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed."

This despite that the auction is newly listed and has 7 days until close. Using US eBay. There was a short period when a couple times adding a lot worked properly, but not today.
sniper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
sniper wrote:

Is that how you are attempting to add items, using the whole url, as opposed to just the auction number ?

Yup. I have always just copied the URL from eBay and pasted it in Gixen. This works in the archived version. It is what I have done with prior programs (gavelsnipe) before I switched to Gixen as well.

Never even looked for an eBay number before. Just now I found where the eBay number is on the eBay page and tried entering the eBay number in the new version and it works. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I can now use the new version.

I have to say though if you are going to snipe a bunch of auctions (like I am about to enter) it is much faster just to copy and paste the URL bar so I will continue to use the archive version.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniper wrote:
I have always just copied the URL from eBay and pasted it in Gixen. This works in the archived version.

I agree that this functionality should be replicated in the new version.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add the item by pasting URL now. As for not being able to add items, one of the error messages above indicates that you are not entering the maximum bid - e.g. that you leave this field empty. Are you sure you are entering a bid, such as 12.34 ?
sniper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
You can add the item by pasting URL now.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for adding this to the new version. Makes my life so much easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.