Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

HIDE OUTBID button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manningventures

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: HIDE OUTBID button Reply with quote

Hello, when I'm active on setting many snipes, I periodically peek to see how my snipes are doing (which ones already ended and which ones I've been since outbid on). To keep the list "fresh" I always click the PURGE OLD button. I see now that after doing that step I don't lose the past history and can re-view those past auction data (totally awesome!).

The other step I do to keep the list "fresh" is I will manually delete the ones I've been since outbid on (before a that particular auction ends). At first I was going to suggest a PURGE OUTBID button (that works the same way as the PURGE OLD button for auctions that ended already). Now knowing there is an archive history of all my originally set snipes (win or lose) I no longer want to permanently delete those whether individually, in batch format (via check-marking) or via proposed PURGE OUTBID button upgrade.

Anyways my idea; perhaps you can create a checkmark field at the top with a label that reads HIDE OUTBID (that when the user checkmarks it refreshes the list without displaying the auction listings the user has since been outbid on AND have not ended yet).

Make sense? Idea
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, however the space for all these options is limited... Maybe make some menu with options such as this one that are not used by many people.
manningventures

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: HIDE OUTBID button Reply with quote

Mario,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and provide feedback. On 2nd thought, don't sweat it. Since then I've been letting auctions end before purging. I'm no longer deleting auctions that I'm no longer the winning bidder (before auction end). That way I can still see those in my purged history (if I want to reference data to possibly change my bidding strategy).

My best!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.