Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New Gixen website becomes default on Monday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: New Gixen website becomes default on Monday Reply with quote

The new Gixen website will become the default one on Monday. If you haven't seen it or tried it yet, you can take a look at https://www.gixen.com/main

I read every one of your remarks (big thanks to all who sent them) and most of them are addressed. Not all though - some will need more work, but are not a show stopper to delay releasing the new site.

The old web interfaces (desktop and mobile) will still be available for quite a while, just in case. Links to them are available on the home page, but I will also include them here:

Legacy desktop web interface: https://www.gixen.com/legacy/index.php
Legacy mobile web interface: https://www.gixen.com/mobile2/index.php

Big thanks to all who subscribed to Gixen mirror after my last email, and to all existing subscribers. This directly contributed to Gixen now having a top-notch full-time web designer and developer starting this month.

Mario (Gixen operator).
manningventures

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: website update Reply with quote

DUDE! The new website looks amazing! I also love the new added features. Keep up the great work! Laughing
Michelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Thanks, Mario! Reply with quote

Mario, thank you for an as always stellar job!
Leighway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Great but does not work. Reply with quote

Hi
Looks great, but just tried it, and it totally refuses to import my Watch List, so went back to the legacy version, and that one imported my Watch List just fine. Not a problem today as I was only trying it out, but would be a problem if using Gixen in earnest and this happened. Cheers, Peter.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Great but does not work.

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Great but does not work. Reply with quote

Leighway wrote:
Hi
Looks great, but just tried it, and it totally refuses to import my Watch List, so went back to the legacy version, and that one imported my Watch List just fine. Not a problem today as I was only trying it out, but would be a problem if using Gixen in earnest and this happened. Cheers, Peter.

Can you please email me and include your username? I cannot replicate that problem, but I can check the logs and see what happened.
Ginaluna928

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: new website Reply with quote

very nice website

why aren't "buy" items imported for WL?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listings that are not auctions can not be sniped, so they are never imported.
amadeu11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: cannot change password Reply with quote

Hi,
I was hoping to have an option to change my gixen passwd in the new version.

Can you add it? Or pls help me find the way to it?

Thx
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Sign Up page you can use the Forgot your Gixen password? You can reset it here. link to help you to change your password.
Leighway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Great but does not work. FURTHER POST Reply with quote

Further to my post on 08 Aug, to which you asked me to email you, I tried it again tonight, and it worked to import my Watch List. No idea why it failed twice on 8th, but as it seems to work now, all good, glitch I suppose; please ignore and good luck with new version.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: DOES NOT SHOW SHIPPING COST - So far prefer old, would l - Reply with quote

NEW DOES NOT SHOW SHIPPING COST - So far prefer old, would like option to still use it Also one of my two mirror accounts will not allow 2 second- Question Rolling Eyes
Sci231

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: New Format neans lots of scrolling Reply with quote

The most disappointing thing about the new format is that now I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and......
At my resolution, one snipe takes up 3/4 of the screen, and only part of the next shows up. It makes it more difficult to view-to-compare listings. With each listing taking up one line of text, you could view several at once.
Otherwise, it looks very nice.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that if you have 'zoomed' the old site in your desktop browser you may find that it now displays the mobile version in your browser.

To revert back to an interface closer to the old desktop version you need to reduce the zoom closer to 100%, space is much better utilised, on larger screens, now so there should be less need to use the browsers zoom function.
tms

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gixen website becomes default on Monday Reply with quote

Is there a way to make new UI show just one per item, like before? It is hard to find the right item and understand what is going on, when there are a lot of items.
Also, can't find way to delete items in new UI. Am I missing anything?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see 'Delete' buttons in both the mobile and desktop versions of the site.

Are you viewing on a mobile or a desktop and how much is the browser tab 'zoomed' ?

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
tms

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Gixen website becomes default on Monday Reply with quote

Thanks Cupid.
Logging out and zooming browser out before login did the trick. Not sure if any of those were the case, but the problem is solved for me.
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: new site font Reply with quote

Hello,
The new site looks great, and I appreciate everything about Gixen.

I would like to ask for a font that's easier to read than Open Sans, if that is what it is.

When scanning quickly it is a slow read. A more compact font would be better in my opinion.

My two cents. Thanks again
thebfg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I simply go to gixen.com, I get redirected to gixen.com/main/index.php, but I receive a 404 Not Found Error. I have to delete the index.php to actually get to the site.
Ramona

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the bottom of the Home page, in the Gixen Desktop Manager section, it says " Download at Gixen Desktop Manager. ", but this is not hyperlinked. I assume that it should be?

(There is a hyperlinked version in the bullet list of "Gixen Features")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: