Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Invalid Authorization

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjameson505

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: Invalid Authorization Reply with quote

My bid recently failed (for item 353599666244). The message I got from Gixen gave the status as "INVALID AUTHORIZATION". What does this mean?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now one of the most often asked questions on this forum and perhaps needs covering even more explicitly on the FAQ tab.

The authorization that you give Gixen to bid on your Ebay account is controlled via the second section of the Settings page. It must be updated at least once every 18 months as Ebay expire the authorisation after that time.

The authorisation also often gets expired if you make any changes to your credentials on Ebay, e.g. changing your password there.
kjameson505

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject: Invalid Authorization Reply with quote

Thanks, have now re-authorised (though it took several attempts of being sent round in circles!). Is it possible to be warned if the authorisation has expired or is about to expire?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I was aware the web interface does already warn you, at least when you add snipes, when the authorisation is going to run out within 10 days.

I guess its possible that got lost with the recent changes.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested it - the warning is still in place on the new site, it displays in big red letters the following text:

Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.