Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New Gixen Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1dash1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: New Gixen Website Reply with quote

I looked at the new website. It is very similar to the old website.

1. The only thing missing that I could see was the S&H field is no longer included in the description section. I'm not going to miss that feature because it was so unreliable anyway - I got into the habit of always annotating the comments section with the shipping costs. (Otherwise, you can click the link View Shipping Information to navigate to shipping costs).

2. One thing I did not like about the new website is that the window for entering comments is much smaller than the old window. For the finished product, it doesn't matter, because all of the comments appears after the item is updated. However, while entering the comment, the window is so small it's hard to keep track of what I wrote down and scrolling back through the tiny window is a pain. Invariably, I end up clicking the Add button (or Modify button, as the case may be) to complete the item entry and then I can read the entire comment. 80 characters were visible in the old window, only 23 characters are visible in the new window. My suggestion is to change the comment window back to its original 80 character width size.*

*Note: The window size only applies to what can be seen at one time. I'm not sure what the maximum number of characters that can be entered as the characters scroll off the window. (I tried entering 300 characters and that posted satisfactorily, so the comment section can take at least that much.)

3. I have one suggestion: Provide a darker line or a double-line between bid items to more clearly separate them.

4. And I have one incomplete thought. Provide a link to a webpage with complete descriptions and directions as to how to use/interpret the website. I say "incomplete thought", because I haven't thought it through. I'm not sure how much detail needs to be flushed out. I'm not sure if the effort would be worthwhile. (I mean, if folks navigate and use the website without any issues now, why bother to explain to them how to use it?)
yulinhan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: New Gixen Website Reply with quote

I have one more comment to add: the content loading speed is much slower compared to the old site. I am not sure if it is just me, because I have lots of bidding items. To quantify this, the old site loading time is 2s while new site is 13s. This is very painful every time I need to enter the bid amount, I have to wait for 13s for the page to refresh. I hope the response time for the site can be improved soon. Thanks.
TigTig45

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: New website Reply with quote

I too am not a fan of the new website format, just encountering it today. I have over 100 bids to price out this evening and even with my computer screen in the vertical orientation it's too many fields of view and also appears to be significantly slower. If there's a way to fall back to the old format, or even better, allowing users to place bids at each line item, without having to go to the bottom or top of the list, then reposition many pages back to the next item in the list, that would be a huge improvement from my perspective.
Thanks for your consideration - I'm sure you put a lot of effort into the new website and feedback like mine is bound to be discouraging, but I definitely appreciate all your hard work and this site is extremely helpful to me, even if a bit cumbersome relative to my specific needs.
TigTig45

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: New website Reply with quote

Ahh, just found the link to the legacy website Wink That should hold me over for a while.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: New website

nick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:16 am    Post subject: thumb-images Reply with quote

Hi!

1) Please, make thumb-image looks like an image and not a crap. You can move item ID in the cell below and make both cell merged, I mean do like on this example:
[url]ibb.co/VD7YzDG[/url]

2) Please, let me see my listing on mobile (iOS/Android) not by your mobile view only, but on Desktop mode too (you can see ebay have link in the bottom of the site to see it Classic) - it's more condensed and useful than your new one and it's easy for me to switch from PC to Mobile without losing context. I don't like mobile view, sorry...

Thanks!
palaisstation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: New Gixen Website Reply with quote

My main observation about the new website is that it is not as compact on screen -- that is, the table sizing is significantly larger resulting in less items being displayed. This also obviously increases the up-down scrolling required.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that if you have 'zoomed' the old site in your desktop browser you may find that it now displays the mobile version in your browser.

To revert back to an interface closer to the old desktop version you need to reduce the zoom closer to 100%, space is much better utilised, on larger screens, now so there should be less need to use the browsers zoom function.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am having the problem identified by yulinhan above - ie very slow loading of content whenever I make a change (delete item, edit item or add new snipe). Also about 12-13 secs on new website as opposed to 2 or 3 on old one. 🙁
shmu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, im a user for 8 years now and this is really horrible design.
i always liked the compact and light approach, not many gui/graphical stuff.
way to many gaps/margins/wasted space everywhere.
whats the sense in making these giant buttons "logourt/purge.." etc??
that looks like for blind people an wastes half of the browser window already.
make at least the pic and the fonts in the item boxes filling out the boxes and not leaving half of the box empty.
dont make an "offset" row under the pic. use the pic in full height.
also really slow at loading, i will stick the the legacy site as long as it works..
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.