Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Question about login

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Question about login Reply with quote

Hi,
I haven't enabled two-step verification for eBay yet, but as a general question, I was just wondering, if I do in the future, will I still be able to use Gixen or do I have to disable it every time? I am asking because I don't think Gixen would be able to log in if two-step verification is enabled.
Thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen doesn't log in in the same way that you do.. this is why you have to go through the procedure of authorising Gixen to be able to place bids on your behalf.

Gixen doesn't even know your password, it just has a reference to the authorisation that you give so that it can place bids on your account.

One of the reasons it works this way is due to things like two step verification, because, as you say, it wouldn't be able to log in if you had that enabled and that's the way it worked.

So the short answer is, go ahead and enable two step verification if you like it better that way, it won't affect your Gixen activity.

Personally, I haven't enabled it myself, but that's because Ive seen too many people lose access to their accounts after doing so, nothing to do with Gixen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you.
I am not a fan of two-step verification either and I will probably leave it disabled for the time being.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.