Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Are Snipes being placed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maineiac13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Are Snipes being placed? Reply with quote

Given the current problems noted by others, I wonder if scheduled snipes are being properly implemented? In my case, I was able to log in and place several snipes in my account, (though each item took a long time to register). However, none are scheduled until several hours from now. So have others placed snipes today and had them successfully executed.
biddib

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added some snipes last night, before the slowdowns began, and the first one fired this morning on time, as expected. The others won't be closing for 20 or more hours, so I'll just have to see what happens.

I also have the warning message in the web interface that I have to re-authorize Gixen. Checking on eBay, Gixen is no longer listed as an app that has access. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it before the successful snipe, so I don't know if my upcoming snipes will work anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My snipe is scheduled very soon, so I think I will have to place it manually, as Gixen is too slow at the moment, and even if snipes are placed, I doubt they will go through in a few seconds.
Maineiac13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biddib wrote:

I also have the warning message in the web interface that I have to re-authorize Gixen. Checking on eBay, Gixen is no longer listed as an app that has access. Unfortunately, I didn't know about it before the successful snipe, so I don't know if my upcoming snipes will work anymore.

FWIW, Gixen is still listed as an app that has access on my account.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

biddib

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Maineiac13, for the follow up. Good to know.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen is not listed as an APP that has access to my account either... but it still won an auction for me a few hours ago... so Ebay not displaying the valid authorisation is an issue that Ebay need to address at some stage.
biddib

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, interesting, Cupid. Well, not surprised. eBay is one of the buggiest web services I know of. The joys of being a monopoly. Razz
biddib

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario got the site working again. I went to settings a re-authorized and now eBay shows that Gixen is a valid third-party app. Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please follow this thread: http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38819#38819
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've just done the same... according to Gixen it wasn't due to run out for another few months, but I renewed it anyway and now Ebay is showing it...

So, since it was still working, it seems Ebay just lost reference to some of the older ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.