Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Failure to win my sniped auction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squarebottomtexas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Failure to win my sniped auction Reply with quote

My question is why did Gixen drop the ball on the following item I set a snipe bid for. I contacted seller and they had no prohibitions on me at all. I was willing to pay a lot more money than item sold for. I am disappointed and the seller is disappointed.
Here is the snipe in Question.

184927578083 Vintage Navajo Sterling Silver Turquoise Leather Box (by powderhorn123us (404))
View Item Description View Shipping Information
ENDED 628.99 489.00 USD (17 bids) You are not eligible to bid on this item.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Failure to win my sniped auction Reply with quote

squarebottomtexas wrote:
drop the ball

I think that's somewhat harsh since in order to get the status:

squarebottomtexas wrote:
You are not eligible to bid on this item.

Gixen had to submit your bid to Ebay and have it rejected by their software.

Sometimes sellers don't realise the consequences of the options that they select while listing items.

Have you asked your seller to check their account for blocked bids, if it is as a result of an option they selected it should give them an indication as to which one it was that caused the rejection ?

As I've mentioned elsewhere another option is to ask Ebay customer support... they really should be able to look deeper into this than Gixen can since it's the software on their side that does it, but sadly they often don't seem to have the required access to do so... but if we don't keep asking perhaps they will never be able to do so, and if people do keep asking perhaps one day they'll be able to tell us.

One thing to consider is are there any items (in the past year) that you have bid on, won and subsequently not gone through with the purchase, for whatever reason.
squarebottomtexas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Failure to win my sniped auction Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
squarebottomtexas wrote:
drop the ball

I think that's somewhat harsh since in order to get the status:

squarebottomtexas wrote:
You are not eligible to bid on this item.

Gixen had to submit your bid to Ebay and have it rejected by their software.

Sometimes sellers don't realise the consequences of the options that they select while listing items.

Have you asked your seller to check their account for blocked bids, if it is as a result of an option they selected it should give them an indication as to which one it was that caused the rejection ?

As I've mentioned elsewhere another option is to ask Ebay customer support... they really should be able to look deeper into this than Gixen can since it's the software on their side that does it, but sadly they often don't seem to have the required access to do so... but if we don't keep asking perhaps they will never be able to do so, and if people do keep asking perhaps one day they'll be able to tell us.

One thing to consider is are there any items (in the past year) that you have bid on, won and subsequently not gone through with the purchase, for whatever reason.

I contacted seller who said he has never banned any bidder. In fact I won a separate bid the same day from same seller. Not a ebay problem. I think its a gixen problem.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What evidence do you think there is that this is an issue that changes on the Gixen side could have any influence on ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squarebottomtexas,

Every listing can be different. The block definitely came from eBay, Gixen does not block anything. If ever able to place a bid manually, and then Gixen fails to submit it (on the same listing!), please email me - that would mean that eBay has a bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.