Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Account authorisation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muppy99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:49 am    Post subject: Account authorisation Reply with quote

Im getting this error message from Gixen
"Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (32)" after Ive carrried out the authorisation using the link. Tried 2 different browsers and even tried opera vpn which usually solves ip changing problems. My Ebay and My Gixen work fine but my snipes wont after 11th July if I dont sort the problem.

I am in the uk and the link takes me to the ebay.com.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These always get resolved on Ebay.com, so that is not the issue.

Is the settings page still indicating that the authorisation expires on the 11th July ?

If so, that means that you were successful in setting it up nearly 18 months ago, can you think of anything that's changed since then ?

You do need to complete the process within a couple of minutes, so it's worth trying to do it a few times just in case that really is the issue.
muppy99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Account authorisation Reply with quote

Its worst now! Repeated attempts give the same method and if I try to add snipes for items ending in the next few ours I get that the authorisation has expired even though its only the 5th and not the 11th of July. My Ebay account shows no 3rd party authrisations.
My ebay account is saying that I should enable 2 step verification to be able to enable multiparty access. Im wondering if its something to do with 2 step verification that came in with credit cards in the UK.
muppy99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Account Authrisation Reply with quote

Some progress! Ebay shows that I updated Gixen access today 5th July. Even with a browser history purge Gixen still thinks I need to update my permisson. Will have to see what happens to my snipes for latter today.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Account Authrisation

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are the only one that's been posting issues with this recently, I'd be surprised if it's a general issue either with Gixen or with Ebay.

Presumably every time you've done this you've received the same "Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (32)" at the end of the process.

Each time do you get rid of the Settings page and start a new one ?
muppy99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Yet, I was closing the browsers I was using, clearing the history and reopening the Gixen login.

The solution in the end was to delete the permission from my Ebay account for Gixen and then redo the link from Gixen. A new permission was set and Gixen acknowledged it.

I would guess that possibly when GIxen tries to set the permission it looks to receive an action success code. If it misreads it due to any number of problems it gets stuck in a loop of not being able to set a new permission because one is already set. Gixen knows your permisson is expiring from its own records of when you did it 18 months ago not because it can actually read the status from your Ebay account.

It must be a nightmare to keep up with all the changes Ebay makes to its systems which has a knock on effect on the Gixen software which as always is excellent.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, your hypothesis may well be correct.

It's only through shared experiences like yours that we find out how some of this stuff performs in practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.