Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gee, I won one, lost one

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginaluna928

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Gee, I won one, lost one Reply with quote

I've been beaten on other auctions trying to snipe manually and wasn't terribly successful, so I decided to try this. I won one auction with a final bid lower than I would have offered (nice) and lost the other because I just didn't bid high enough (oh, well).

I subscribed, but I'm not sure what I subscribed to. I just thought I would help out. Could someone explain the mirror thing or put it in FAQ for real dummies like me? and explain timing in terms of both?

How do I even find the mirror thingie?

Nonetheless, I think I like the service Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primary advantage of a Mirror subscription is even greater reliability.

With it you have two servers, in different locations, trying to snipe for you, so if one fails to place the bid, the other one still comes through for you.

As for timing, you can decide when those servers place the bid for you, measured in seconds before the auction is due to finish.

You can see what the Mirror has scheduled and the outcome status for each snipe on the Mirror tab after you log in here.
Ginaluna928

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Gee ... Reply with quote

Well, I won another auction I never expected to win, so this thing must work!

Thank you for your response, Cupid. I now understand the way Gixen works a bit better. I will keep reading your inciteful and concise answers.

I'm beginning to love this thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.