Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

I've been missing out on 5 bids recently due to some issues with shipping address problems.
(e.g. 164801484255 - AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED)

As I've previously used Gixen without issues (some 4 years ago) I wonder if something has changed since then.

My ebay account address is in Finland and I have the primary shipping address in Germany but will this combination not work anymore?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the shipping tab it has:

Quote:

Postage to: Germany
Excludes: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Middle East, North America, Oceania, South East Asia, South America, Russian Federation, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Republic of, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Cyprus, Austria

So it would appear that Ebay isn't taking into account your primary shipping address any more, if the only other address associated with the account is in Finland then I guess it must be using that one, which is restricted.

I'd recommend checking those settings to ensure Ebay hasn't overridden them, see if there are any other addresses they allow you to set and if that does not provide a satisfactory explanation then see if Ebay can provide any further guidance on how to get your bids accepted for shipping to Germany.
MD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bids are successfully submitted if I have the account and delivery country matching so in this case Germany, ebay must then be checking against the account country also.

From a quick exploration I can see many auctions from corporate sellers have \'Postage to\' and the \'Excludes\' list, yet many auctions from private sellers seem to only have the positive \'Postage to\' clause.

Either way I forced it to work, thanks for the response Cupid!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems that sellers generally have to sell quite a lot before they decide to start to actively exclude all bidders from certain countries from buying from them.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.