Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen API

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalteseComics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Gixen API Reply with quote

Forgive me if this already exists (and point me to it, if it does!), but I think Gixen would be greatly enhanced if it offered a simple Web API for submitting snipes to Gixen.

I've currently written a program that performs automated search using the Ebay API, which sends me e-mail notifications when an item I'm interested in is listed below a given price threshold. But it's a pain to then have to go to Gixen, log in, and manually type in a bid snipe. I'd much rather have my program craft a Web URL link in the e-mail notification it sends me for programaticaly auto-submitting snipes, which of course would require Gixen to support such functionality.

I think it wouldn't be too much work to add, given the core submission functionality is obviously already written and working - it just needs a simple API layer to be thrown on top of it and exposed to users. The potential benefit to users is enormous - it would convert me into a paying Gixen user instantly. I'm currently considering 1-5 bids a week, but I could easily see myself increasing that by a factor of 10, if such functionality existed.

Any thoughts, Mario?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be one, I think Mario removed support for it though.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email me and I'll explain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.