Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Newbie Question: Snipe Bid vs Highest Bidder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marltonn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Newbie Question: Snipe Bid vs Highest Bidder Reply with quote

Hello,

New to Gixen, so I am sorry if these questions are repeated. I did look through old posts to help myself understand. There's an item I REALLY want on ebay - I expect the auction to go up to $500+, maybe even $800+. I have my snipe scheduled for 3 seconds before the auction ends.

I know there is debate on 6 vs 3 but I don't want to leave ANY time for someone to react. I also signed up for Gixen Mirror to help. However, even if my snipe goes through, I could still lose if someone has their max bid on ebay set higher than my snipe, correct? Even though my max snipe bid is most likely higher than their ebay max?

Should I also be putting my max into ebay just in case? I would, of course, like to get it for as low as possible but there isn't a way for me to know someone else's max bid & if my snipe will immediately get outbid right at the end of the auction.

I will be watching the auction myself as it ends, should I also try to bid myself or just let Gixen do the work?

I expect it to go high since it's considered "rare" and people in the US just got their stimulus checks...

Thank you
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct that the highest accepted bid will always win on Ebay, no matter when that bid is placed.

I wouldn't recommend bidding the highest amount that you are willing to pay early though, that is just likely to push the price higher, possibly higher than you are willing to pay.

I recommend that you decide a price above which you think the buyer will have paid too much and set that as your snipe amount. There can never be a guarantee that the maximum you are willing to pay is more than any other buyer that is prepared to place a bid, however, if you follow this advice if you do lose you can still take comfort in the fact that someone paid more than you were ever wiling to do.
marltonn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
You are correct that the highest accepted bid will always win on Ebay, no matter when that bid is placed.

Thank you - I'm having a hard time determining what's the most I'm willing to pay. I'm willing to pay a lot I think but it'll still sting, LOL. Not sure when this item will pop up again but I'll think on it some more.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of being a successsful sniper is to have a good idea of what the items are worth, or more specifically what you are willing to pay for them... There's not really any shortcuts for that, the more research you do on the items the better you get... but no one is an expert on the value of everything and everyone has something more to learn on this.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.