Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Image quality is very bad (size is too low)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
konst123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject: Image quality is very bad (size is too low) Reply with quote

I used Gixen alot in the past and a few days ago I subscribed again. What a dissapointment - quality of the images is very bad. Images are almost unusable now - it is difficult to understand what is in the images.
It looks like the images are 50x50px now only. They should be at least twice as big, I think. I would like to have even bigger images, perhaps 300x300px
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what happened - browsers (Firefox, Safari and others) stopped displaying images from external sites, in this case eBay. So Gixen is now downloading these images to its own servers, reduces their size and displays them from Gixen web servers.

50x50 size was chosen because it allows for fast loading, and does not take too much space on Gixen servers.

I may allow for option (possibly configurable from the Gixen settings page) to load these images from eBay instead, but in that case you will have to disable trackers for Gixen.com in your web browser). But this is something I would have to implement, and can't promise a timeline for this.
konst123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Image quality is very bad (size is too low) Reply with quote

I see. I think something should be done for this anyway.
As an option, is it possible to create a bit more expensive subscription but with larger images? I would like to pay a few more dollars for this.
Thank you!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do, it's not about money - when I have time I will be glad to implement this.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

konst123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Image quality is very bad (size is too low) Reply with quote

Thank you! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.