Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sorry, this item is already present

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lioninstreet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Sorry, this item is already present Reply with quote

Ive subscribed for a while but don't use Gixen nearly enough. so that's probably one of the reasons for this post.

I placed the first bid on 294033153267 thru ebay, bidding 150 CAD on it. On the day of auction end (just over an hour before auction end), I opened Gixen and place a bid of what I thought would be $152.55 USD (192.55 CAD) and went on with my day.

When I came back to check if I had won, the bid history showed someone else won that only paid 167.50 CAD ($132.66 USD).

My Gixen page now reports "Sorry, this item is already present.

What did I do wrong?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry, this item is already present Reply with quote

Lioninstreet wrote:
Sorry, this item is already present.

This is the message you get if you try to add a snipe for an item for which you've already scheduled a snipe. I don't think that is the root cause of your issue though.

It is not clear to me which figures you are entering as your snipe amount, the auction is listed in CAD, so was it the figures in CAD that you entered into Gixen ?

What was the status that Gixen gave the snipe after the auction had completed ?

Have you used the browsers 'refresh' button for the snipes page at all ? To get updates it is advisable to use the 'Add' button without entering any new snipe details.
Lioninstreet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the bid history and the Gixen email showing the bid was lost.

I'm thinking it's possible that for some reason my max bid was seen by ebay as being in $CAN instead of USD.
Lioninstreet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't use the refresh button. There were no other snipes present, I added this listing and just let Gixen do the rest.

Below is the outbid notice from Gixen:

Item: 294033153267
Title: Nest 3rd Generation Learning Black Programmable Thermostat, New in Box!
Status (main): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Status (mirror): BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Your maximum bid: 152.55
Current price: 167.50

This confirming the error appears to be an issue between the chair and the keyboard
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as you imply, this is correct operation.

The auction is listed in Canadian Dollars, therefore all bids have to be in Canadian Dollars and you need to specify your snipe amount in Canadian Dollars. Gixen never performs any currency conversion for you, if you are considering paying using a different currency then you have to do that calculation yourself. I also recommend that people take into account that payment providers also usually charge an extra percentage for doing that conversion for you when you win.

This is the same as when you bid on Ebay directly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.