Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bidding Trap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
realcc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Bidding Trap Reply with quote

I just had an experience with bidding trap on eBay for item no 133661614258. As we know that the seller is still able to change the item listing when there is no bidder yet. When I placed the snipping on Gixen, there was nothing wrong. However, when I won the bidding, I realize that there is a problem because I cannot pay it. eBay does not allow me to pay the bidding because the seller cannot ship the item to my country.

I ascertain that the seller was willing to ship to my country when I placed the snipping on Gixen. When I check for the detail, the seller revised Shipping Terms before the bidding ended =

ebay.com/rvh/133661614258

Suddenly it becomes a nightmare because I have an obligation to pay the item that cannot be shipped to my country. I don't know if this issue is normal for Gixen, but now I am afraid that it will happen again in the next bidding, specially when bidding with 3-4 figures amount. I just thought that the solution can be one of the following =

1. We set the destination country manually when place the snipping, and then Gixen will detect whether the item can still be shipped to the destination country before placing the bid.
2. We place the minimum bidding price manually upfront just to lock / disable the item listing revision, and then place the maximum bidding price on Gixen.

I think temporary solution is no 2, but it would be better if Gixen is willing to think about the permanent solution for this case.

Many thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably the seller just removed the shipping price for your country ?

What they did not do is block sales to your country, which Ebay does give them the ability to do. This is what Ebay would recommend if they don't want to deal with shipping to a particular country. It also means that since Ebay didn't refuse the bid this time there wouldn't be a way for Gixen to detect that the seller does not wish to post to your location as you thought.

I think sellers need to be flexible on this, especially if they change their shipping details after the auction has started, I'd ask them to either provide a reasonable shipping cost or cancel the sale.
realcc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Bidding Trap Reply with quote

Yes, that is the normal reaction that we can do after winning the bidding. However, it is not going that easy when we are dealing with some sellers, based on my experience. Since gixen is doing the bid after the revision, so eBay will assume that we agree with the changes, and it is not acceptable to have some reasons just to avoid the obligation to pay the bidding.

Most likely the automatic unpaid item case is placed on every auction listing. Some sellers tend to stick with their new rules to ship only to domestic address, so they will reject our request, even to cancel it, and they will let the unpaid item case recorded on our account. Some other sellers are too busy and they will ignore all of our messages, even when we already try to send it every day. If I am not mistaken, the unpaid item case would be automatically filed on day 4th, and it will recorded to our account several days after that. I doubt eBay will cancel the record, because gixen bid the auction after the revision, which means agree with the revision.

I think the solution to contact the seller after we win the bidding should be our last resort. It is better if we can prevent this, because many unpaid auctions may lead us to be banned from eBay.

By the way, by using eBay API we can get the shipping cost for that item to specific country. So, if we set the destination country upfront, and then the shipping cost is not available / specified, then it may lead to a problem when we try to pay it after we win the auction. If somehow gixen can prevent it, then it may save our account life on eBay.

Many thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the reasons I've explained above I don't think it will be possible for Gixen to cancel your snipe in these circumstances.

As I also tried to explain, if sellers really don't want to have to deal with this issue they should actually block bids from countries they do not wish to ship to, otherwise they do need to take some of the responsibility for not having done so and having bids placed on their auctions as a result. Ebay does provide them with all the tools they need to be able to handle this in any way they wish.

As a slight aside it's interesting what you say about the shipping cost, because the way that Gixen currently obtains these charges for international deliveries does not seem to work (usually just domestic postage charges are displayed). I've been complaining about that for years and nothing ever seems to get done about it.

This seller does seem to still send things internationally, there's still postal costs available to me in the United Kingdom. Presumably you are even further away from Europe ?

In my experience it really isn't common for sellers to change their shipping costs after a listing has gone live, is it ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look at this. Not sure what can be done to prevent this from happening.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it did prove possible to do something, it would have to be an option that by default was disabled.

I know some snipers still want to be able to snipe things that the seller has not set up the shipping costs for... Sometimes they agree the amount independently, via the messaging system, before the end of the auction, and sometimes they already have a relationship with the seller whereby they know they can work it out amicably after the auction completes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.