Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Unable to log in.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steviegogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject: Unable to log in. Reply with quote

The program has started playing up.
Gixen didn't recognised my Watched items and had an item listed as 'F' which I didn't recognise?!
Consequently I logged out, then back in again and now all I get is a green ever-spinning circle indicating that it isn't logging in.

Can anyone assist please?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I think the first thing I would do is restart my browser. That's often a reason why sites appear to be slower than usual.

If you do manage to get logged in via the web interface I would also check that my authorisation for Gixen to be able to bid on my behalf was up to date in the second section of the Settings page, that might be a reason why it can't import your watch list. In fact since it costs nothing to renew that I'd recommend updating it regardless of whether it is indicating that it's no longer valid, sometimes Ebay revokes it from their side, and Gixen doesn't get informed when that happens.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steviegogo,

I suspect the problem is in expired eBay authorization. You can renew this from the settings page. It's free of charge. eBay requires this every 18 months.
steviegogo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt responses.

I have 644 subs days left and 453 authorised eBay days left.
I've used the program several times with no problems but now it's all going wrong. I wonder if you can help with some queries;

1) No matter how many times I save my location as the UK, whenever I restart the program it reverts to USA. Is it meant to do that?

2) I'm posting bids with Gixen but when the bidding ends I'm getting 'INVALID AUTHORIZATION' as the outcome.

3) Is it usual to have a pop-up box appear every time I start the program stating 'Duplicates not allowed'?

4) If I have two eBay accounts do I need two copies of Gixen?
I appreciate it's not possible to bid in Account A and Account B at the same time but I was wondering if it's possible do a bunch in Account A and then, when those have ended, log out and then into Account B to do a separate group.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you are saying it does appear that the problems you are having are because your authorisation with Ebay has been revoked. So the first thing you should do is reauthorise an account using the second section of the Settings page. This does not cost you anything. Sometimes Ebay does revoke the authorisation on their side, especially if you change any of your credentials on their site, things like your password with them.

Moving on to your specific questions:

1> Gixen does not record your location, do you mean the Country setting or the Target site that you set on the Settings page in the third and fourth section ? If so, make sure that you push the 'Update' button in each of those sections after changing the value otherwise it will not be saved.

2> This is an indication that Ebay is rejecting your current authorisation when it is sent to them, as discussed above. You should update this in the second section of the Settings page, no matter that it is still indicated as current there.

3> Are you referring to using the Desktop Manager here?... The web interface, that you log into here does not produce any pop up boxes like this. It isn't possible to add the same item more than once though, which is what this may be referring to if you try to do that. Are you ever using the 'Import Watch List' button ?

4> You can only associate one Ebay account with a Gixen account. This is done via the second section of he settings page, as already discussed. You can change which account you authorise and from then on all snipes will be sent to the one you update it to. If you do ever want to use different Ebay accounts at the same time then you do need to set up a separate Gixen account for each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.