Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

list not refreshing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merrieengland

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: list not refreshing Reply with quote

Should I expect the desktop and mobile websites to regularly refresh the list like it does in the android app?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say 'refresh the list' can you explain in more detail what aspects you are hoping/expecting to change ?
onoakino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: refresh Reply with quote

I don't know if what I'm gonna ask is relevant to the question of the OP, but on the website and on the app, why is the bid amount in "Current" column on the website and the "Current Price" on the app, static? They both show my initial bid amount, but not the actual and to the last minute bid amount. To date, since someone has placed a higher bid on the item, actual ebay page shows a higher amount than what's being displayed on the website's "Current" and on the app's "Current Price".

Is this a bug, or this is the expected behavior? I initially thought that those two fields would reflect the actual highest bid amount or am I wrong to think that way?

item id: 233845785055
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 'app' that you are referring to the one for a mobile or the Gixen Desktop Manager for devices that run Windows ?

On the website the current price is only updated periodically, it certainly does not update every time there's another bid on Ebay. Gixen servers keeping track of prices on Ebay for all items that people set snipes on would require more resources than are available and would detract from their main function of placing bids for you in the last few seconds of the auction.

The Gixen Desktop Manger was developed primarily for those that wanted more dynamic updates on Ebay prices, it uses your own computers resources to retrieve the prices from Ebay and the frequency at which it does so can be tailored.

Last edited by Cupid on Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

onoakino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Is the 'app' that you are referring to the one for a mobile or the Gixen Desktop Manager for devices that run Windows ?

On the website the current price is only updated periodically, it certainly does not update every time there's another bid on Ebay. Gixen servers keeping track of prices on Ebay for all items that people set snipes on would require more resources than are available and would detract from their main function of placing bids for you in the last few seconds of the auction.

The Gixen Desktop Manger was developed primarily for that that wanted more dynamic updates on Ebay prices, it uses your own computers resources to retrieve the prices from Ebay and the frequency at which it does so can be tailored.

Sorry for being vague. I should have been more explicit. I was asking for the android app, not the Windows desktop app. You see, I also installed Gixen on my android phone, and the app is also not upd4ting the current price there.

If periodic updates showing up on the android app and website is the expected behavior, then I guess we're all set. Just one last, how many hours is "periodically updated"? As a very new user of the service, will I get to see the "current price" value change after 24 hours?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe the Android App will be obtaining all it's data from the Gixen servers, and therefore is going to operate like the web interface in this respect.

The frequency at which auction prices are updated is, I think, dependent on a number of factors, it is certainly more frequent as the auction end approaches but is also dependent on how busy the servers are, in terms of how many snipes are currently scheduled, by all users, with the service. There may also be some dependence on whether your account has the Mirror option enabled on it.

As a rule of thumb you should usually expect auction price updates once or twice a day in the early days of an auction and up to once an hour in the last few hours before the bid is to be placed.

I think only the Gixen Desktop Manager has the capability to obtain prices direct from Ebay, using your own resources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.