Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

mirror function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rexk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: mirror function Reply with quote

re: item # 264976082385

Apologies if answer is in forum; couldn't find it.
I've used free Gixen successfully several times; just paid annual fee.
I'm bidding much higher on this itemthan I expect to have to pay, and don't want my mirror bid to raise my initial bid. I put them in the same group
(group 1), and set them both at 6 seconds. Will that do it?

If not what will?
Also, is it possible to just not engage mirror? How?

If you don't happen to see this in time, ( goes off in 35 min.), I'll have to decide what to do.

Thank you
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting an item in a Group means it won't be sent from the Mirror. This is a consequence of it being too complicated to cancel items reliable across servers, and not a good reason to do this. Standard groups are designed for use when there are multiple auctions that you only wish to win one of.

The way that Ebay works, you can't increase that amount that you bid by sending the same bid twice, most often the second is rejected anyway, but even if it's accepted (usually because it is sent at exactly the same time as the first bid) it doesn't increase the auction price any more than one bid would.

If you don't want either to take precedence over the other, in terms of which gets to Ebay first, then having the same offset on the Main and the Mirror is the way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.