Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Urgent question (less than 16 hours remaining on auction)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
erodr513

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Urgent question (less than 16 hours remaining on auction) Reply with quote

Hi there, I've used this service intermittently for a couple of years now (has worked great for me every time) but only decided to try Mirror recently. The auction in question is for an item of sentimental value for another family member, so the personal importance of winning is more than it would usually be for an item I'd want for myself.

Code:
i.imgur.com/0lzmHRK.png

While I'm not asking about the specifics of an item per se, my math is terrible and I wanted to get some outside opinions on what info (if any) can be inferred from the bids that have been placed within the last 48 hours.

Many thanks if I'm able to get some feedback before the auction ends.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anything particularly unusual about it.

The current under bidder decided to outbid themselves a number of times, which might seem illogical given the Ebay proxy biding system but I've found it's a tactic employed by some that think it increases their chances of winning an item for a lower price. I don't think there is any evidence to back up that hypothesis though and it clearly has not worked on this occasion since it's already been outbid.

I'm not a great believer in the analysis of early bidding giving a good indication of the eventual sale price. For me research on similar items that have sold recently is a far better indicator of true value.
erodr513

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it didn't make much sense to me either for this person to drive up the price so many times in such a short period of time. In the time since it's increased by about $16 with only a few hours left to go, so we'll see how that goes. I appreciate the reply. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.