Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

INVALID AUTHORIZATION

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orjoey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

Item: 254770949670
first time i got this message when the auction ended

INVALID AUTHORIZATION
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can renew your authorisation using the second section of the Settings page, it doesn't cost anything and takes just a few minutes.

It means that the authorisation you gave for Gixen to bid on your behalf has been revoked, this could be for various reasons, the authority expires after 18 months but it's also been noted that changing your credentials on Ebay can also cause them to cancel the authorisation.
orjoey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

AM USING "DESKTOP MANAGER" AND ONLY A SETTINGS BOX ON THE LEFT. ONLY TWO CHOICES THERE, #1 GIVES MT NAME AND PASSWORD AND #2 IS PREFERENCES. SO FAR THE INSTRUCTIONS DO NOT FIT WHAT I COME UP WITH. i'VE DONE THIS BEFORE AND SAVED THE INSTRUCTIONS THEN AND IT WAS EASY. NOT THIS TIME. GUESS I'M MISSING SOMETHING SOMEWHERE??
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to log on here via the web interface before you will be able to access the Settings page by pushing the Settings button that is below the tabs but above your snipes.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject:

lionfish7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Authorization issues Reply with quote

Further to this subject I tried to re-authorize my account but the it kept saying that the server was down on the American Ebay site which gixen wants to link to.
I even deleted my, old and unused for ages, gixen account to see if starting from scratch made a difference but no - still servers down, please try later.

So now I have no gixen account at all and am unable to create one!!

Old user name admineagle
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible this was a temporary issue with eBay, try again now.
lbaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject: INVALID AUTHORIZATION Reply with quote

Why don't we know this BEFORE we lose a very important bid!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a warning displayed in bold red letters about expired authorization. Not sure why you haven't seen it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.