Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

is gixen working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pp2l

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: is gixen working Reply with quote

i just setup a sniper but i miss the auction. Everything working ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see any problems, can you provide more details, like the auction number, the amount of your bid, the status that Gixen had for the snipe after the auction had completed and if you are comfortable providing it, your eBay id.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, how far in advance did you set up your snipe? It has to be at least two minutes before auction end.
8kycav

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Gixen missed my snipe Reply with quote

I posted a bid of $31.55 on item 270474095921 at least 2 hours before the Ebay time of auction and was supposedly outbid by a $16 bid. Never had any problems with Gixen before. My Gixen listing page shows my bid as being set up OK, but was never submitted. Ebay auction was at 9:30 PM EST today, Oct. 29, 2009
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Gixen missed my snipe

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the logs, and it seems that this bid submission was late. However, it seems that you had a prior submitted bid of 15.55, so Gixen received a response from ebay that indicates you were outbid, only it was 15.55 bid that ebay was referring to.

Sorry you didn't get this one, hopefully you can find a similar item again.
8kycav

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: bid was not posted late Reply with quote

I did not post the $31.55 bid late. It was at least an hour before the auction; perhaps 2 hours before. I had a maximum bid thru Ebay, set up previously for $15 and change. Ebay accepted someone's next bid of $16 and change about 30 min. before the end of the auction and my bid of $31.55 was not submitted by Gixen in the last seconds and I lost the auction. My listing does not show when I set it up, perhaps you have access to that info that does not show on my free Gixen bidder's list. No big deal' but the bid was submitted properly.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: bid was not posted late Reply with quote

8kycav wrote:
I did not post the $31.55 bid late.

Sorry if it was unclear - I meant Gixen was late submitting it to eBay. You did nothing wrong at all - this just happens occasionally.
8kycav

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: johnhmorgan2 Reply with quote

O.K.; I understand
kfed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: bid was not posted late Reply with quote

mario wrote:
8kycav wrote:
I did not post the $31.55 bid late.

Sorry if it was unclear - I meant Gixen was late submitting it to eBay. You did nothing wrong at all - this just happens occasionally.

I had the same problem. Item 220500473196. My max bid was $85, but item was sold for $81. Doesn't seem the bid was submitted. Any thought?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: bid was not posted late Reply with quote

kfed wrote:
I had the same problem. Item 220500473196. My max bid was $85, but item was sold for $81. Doesn't seem the bid was submitted. Any thought?

It seems that it was the same case indeed - you had a previous bid, correct?

Due to ebay's recent changes, it is becoming difficult to distinguish the "outbid" case from "late" case when there was a previous bid that was outbid. I still haven't thought of a way to tell the difference, as the page returned by ebay is identical.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: bid was not posted late Reply with quote

mario wrote:
kfed wrote:

It seems that it was the same case indeed - you had a previous bid, correct?

Due to ebay's recent changes, it is becoming difficult to distinguish the "outbid" case from "late" case when there was a previous bid that was outbid. I still haven't thought of a way to tell the difference, as the page returned by ebay is identical.

yes i did put the manual bid just in case - as i had a similar problem with Gixen in the past when my higher bid did not make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.