Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

snipes missing from account

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktastrphe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: snipes missing from account Reply with quote

I just logged in to gixen to add a new snipe for an item in a few days, and was expecting to see the other two snipes I set up on Friday (and had checked on Sunday too).

There was nothing in my account anymore. The two snipes had disappeared. Im a paying member too.

Any idea what has happened?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you change your password at ebay by any chance?
I can see 5 scheduled snipes under your username.
ktastrphe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mario

There was two originally, then I logged in before and there were none. I have added 3 (including the 2 originally that were in there), and thats all I can see in there.

Nope, havent changed my password in the last few months.

There will be some double ups then - are you able to remove the first two that were put in?

cheers

Kurt
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I looked into this, and there is no doubt that two different passwords were used. Email me for more details if you like. Note that if you logged in to Gixen even a few months ago and changed your ebay password afterwords, you would still be able to log in with your old password to Gixen until you log in with the new password for the first time. This is because validity of user's password is not checked with ebay each time you log in to Gixen; instead a hash of a verified password is saved.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject:

jacjw8233

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: disappearing snipes Reply with quote

I was sure I had a Bat Masterson document listed on my snipe list but I don't find it on my ebay won or lost list and it is not on my gixen list.Any idea what happened? seems my list has been getting purged without me doing it.can I look at my old snipe history or is it gone for good if it isn't on my snipe page list?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipes are purged 48 hours after auction end. I can take a look in the logs if you post the item number (or at least your username).
jackw8233

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: disappearing snipes Reply with quote

I should have put the item on my ebay watch list but thought I could see what happened by looking at gixen. thought I had used my user name but guess I hit the wrong key,this time it is correct if you could look into it. THANKS
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: disappearing snipes Reply with quote

jackw8233 wrote:
I should have put the item on my ebay watch list but thought I could see what happened by looking at gixen. thought I had used my user name but guess I hit the wrong key,this time it is correct if you could look into it. THANKS

Are the items in question older than 48 hours? Email me if the list of snipes is important to you. Include your username & some proof that it it's yours, e.g. description of item you bid on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.