Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

'Create Email Watchlist for Craigslist.org'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm10dachshund

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: 'Craigslist' Reply with quote

I think you should post this idea to the suggestions forum on Gixen

Mario

Hello everyone
I've been using Gixen for about six months now and I have found it to be the easiest little utility around to use for snipes
Of course I've lost because of under bidding as we probably have all experienced and the disappointment of being out sniped
But it sure does pay for itself when that Winning Bid is yours
My use of Gixen has given me a thought of using a similar application to assist with challenges on Craigslist.org

Here in San Diego Calif Everything and I mean everything is available on Craigs for free
Ive seen housing boats cars furniture equipment knickknacks baby formula clothes and almost any appliance you can name
If interested a person needs to be the fastest emailer to get the address
Only sometimes a phone number or personal email is included
Most use Craigs Anonymous email addresses for you to contact to get further info

Now the problem that I or We need to help correct Mario develop another utility to deal with notifying us when a specific item is available whether free or for sale
Ive learned that on Craigslist the early bird gets the worm

I bet Mario has the coding capability to easily construct an Ebay like Email Alert Watch List that can be applied for Craigslist.org

I would greatly appreciate any feedback posts of interest or suggestions to see if there is any interest by others who have experienced the same frustrations I have with Craigslist
Loss of an opportunity because I wasn't watching at the right exact minute

Thanks to all whom respond

Mike Martin
San Diego, CA
Commas periods and general puncuation left out on purpose to get this to post

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

craiglist used to have their own watchlist about 2 years ago. Suddenly it dissappeared Confused
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't speak for Mario, I don't see this as a direction he would be willing to go. Mario has his hands full keeping Gixen working with the steady stream of changing servers and interfaces eBay throws at him. I don't think he would be interested in starting up an entirely independent programming and concomitant support project.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
nochkin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, I don't see any relations between eBay sniper and that tool.
It has nothing to do with each other and a totally different project for someone to work on.

Sounds like maybe a good idea, but any decent tool which can monitor a Web page (search results on Craigs list in this example) should do the job.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.