Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why did it not snipe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avanti_Group_ltd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Why did it not snipe? Reply with quote

ENDED 55.01 52.00 USD 1 BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Why did I lose this auction?

The bid price was 55.01 the current price was 52.00 it did not snipe because the bid was under asking which is wrong... this is the second time its happened.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not enough that your bid is higher; it has to be higher for a certain increment. See http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html and you will understand. This is ebay's requirement, not Gixen's.
Avanyi_group_ltd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Not an answer Reply with quote

The item sold for 52.00 The bid increment at that range is 1.00 the bid price was 55.01 that's 3.01 MORE than ta asking as your system says,, this is the SECOND time the snipe did nothing. Can you explain this???
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide the auction number so we could have a closer look?

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it. 45 seconds before auction end the price was 51.00, and 6 seconds after auction end it was already 52.00. It seems unlikely that some bid would get retracted by seller in such a short period, but I do not have another explanation.

Do you mind contacting the seller and asking if any bids were retracted?

Also, did you submit any bids from sites other than Gixen (or manually)?
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused. If the current price was 51.00 45 seconds before the auction ended, shouldn't a bid of 55.01 have been accepted?

As a technical point, only sellers can cancel a bid; bidders retract their bids. I think the bidding history would show any retractions, but I'm not sure if it would show cancellations.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juangrande wrote:
I'm a little confused. If the current price was 51.00 45 seconds before the auction ended, shouldn't a bid of 55.01 have been accepted?

As a technical point, only sellers can cancel a bid; bidders retract their bids. I think the bidding history would show any retractions, but I'm not sure if it would show cancellations.

Of course, it should have been accepted. I may have to log more than I do at present to know later on what really happened.

Yes, you are correct (as usual) John, I meant "canceled". I don't think cancelations are shown.
Avanti_Group_ltd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Snipe Reply with quote

There were no cancellations or retraction, the system simply did not work. I don't know if the system places the bid no matter what and then ebay returns "under asking" or internal program sees this and doesn't snipe., either way, it didn't work and I lost what I should of won.

I have used this system for a while, but this is the second time in a row that it should of worked, but did not I am concerned to use it again because of the nature of sniping.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case Gixen definitely tried to place a snipe, it did not skip it. The pattern of the page returned was such that it was recognized by Gixen as "bid too low". However, I don't have the return page saved to determine why the snipe failed.

I turned the detailed logging on (just) for your account - so the next time this happens at least I will know why. Please don't give up and instead help me find the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.