Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Did it snipe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Did it snipe? Reply with quote

Hi.

I feel like it didn't snipe on 180403296780 and i would like to know why... or maybe it's just because it's a "private bid"? (end 07-Sep-09 14:56:19)

Anyway, thanks for your website, that i did just discover!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winning bid was placed 6 seconds before the auction ended, which is the time that Gixen most often bids... I gather you did not win this auction then?

What was the status that Gixen gave for the snipe after the auction had completed?

How much was your snipe scheduled for?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Did it snipe? Reply with quote

robert wrote:
Hi.

I feel like it didn't snipe on 180403296780 and i would like to know why... or maybe it's just because it's a "private bid"? (end 07-Sep-09 14:56:19)

Anyway, thanks for your website, that i did just discover!

Your bid was lower than the current high bid. The item was won for 620.01, and your bid was lower - there was no way Gixen could have placed that bid.
robert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

thank you both for your fast replies

well.. my bid was around 630 and then i did change it to 665. (maybe this change i did make to late?)

and the statut gixen gave was like 'done'- i don't remember exactly what was written but there was no problem and it was not 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' (i did remove this from my list so i can't tell exactly)

that's fine hey, i just wanted to know what was going on as there was a bid 6 seconds before the end that was in the price range that i did set up...

thanks anyway mario!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that your update didn't reach Gixen until after the auction had completed, as you suspected. An update after the auction finished would likely remove the 'Bid Under Asking Price' status that would have been there just after the auction finished.

As Mario said, the price Gixen had at the time the auction completed was too low for eBay to accept.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You updated your bid several times, but your last maximum bid (updated Mon Sep 7 01:01:12 2009 PDT) was 517.00. Before that it was 665.
robert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.