Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

MAX BID IN EBAY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjl2588

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: MAX BID IN EBAY? Reply with quote

Since I am putting a max. bid in with Gixen, do I still put one in in the Ebay proxy bidding system?
nochkin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Gixen will put it for you on the last seconds.

On another hand, I usually recommend to put the lowest possible bid to restrict a seller from changing description and title.
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While there are differing opinions regarding the necessity of doing it, nochkin is right: the only defensible reason for entering an early bid is to "freeze" the details of the auction by preventing the seller from revising the listing. If you're interested, eBay's rules on revising auction listings can be found at

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/revise-item.html#auction_style

Of course, if somebody has already placed a bid on the auction, there is no defensible reason to bid early.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra

Last edited by juangrande on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also place bids at the starting price when there is no reserve and a 'By It Now' option that is above the price I am willing to pay. That way on the auctions I am interested in the BIN is removed so someone else can not buy it before the end of the auction when I snipe using Gixen.

I know this is not always the case though, in certain categories I think the price has to reach a certain percentage of the BIN amount before the BIN is removed.

The same still applies in this case though

Quote:
Of course, if somebody has already placed a bid on the auction, there is no defensible reason to bid early.

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.