Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid currency question, sorry to be dumb...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandon_here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Bid currency question, sorry to be dumb... Reply with quote

This is from the FAQ;
Bid amounts are always in the currency in which the auction was listed. Thus, if the current bid in the auction shows as GBP 1.50, then entering a bid of 3.00 in Gixen would mean that Gixen would bid GBP 3.00.

I'm being dumb here. This is my example... I'm bidding from UK, in GBP on a USD item. I've listed my max bid as 71.00 in gixen, thinking in GBP, but will that infact be only USD? Which will not be enough... I think I've answered my own question there, I need to convert my 71 GBP to USD, and enter that, right? So if the listing is in USD and I'm willing to go to 71GBP, I should enter 117USD right?
juangrande

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct: you should enter an amount equal to the amount needed in the currency of the auction.

Note: Gixen only accepts numerical entries for bids. Thus, you would enter 117.00 and when Gixen places that bid, it will be interpreted by eBay as 117.00 USD, the currency of the auction.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also slightly off topic, if you are bidding on items located in the US but you live in the UK make sure that you know how much the seller is going to charge for shipping to the UK.

The calculation I use is to convert the maximum I am prepared to pay in GBP for a delivered item to USD and then take off the shipping cost (which will be given in USD if the auction is in that currency), and thats what I set as a snipe.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also another thing you might want to consider (I do), is that if you are thinking of paying via Paypal then the exchange rate will be slightly worse that eBay.co.uk indicates it will be, Paypal take an additional 2.5% from the buyer for converting between currencies.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject:

elfuk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh i never knew that!
you guys are great...

every day's a school day Very Happy
brandon_here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Just...thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies, I won the auction at a price I was happy with (cheaper even) and interesting about the paypal costs, which I bit on and swallowed. Really helpful, Cheers.
Brandon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.