Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

number of bids not listed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: number of bids not listed Reply with quote

number of bids not listed.
quantity of item(s) is listed,
most show "1"
prefer to know how many bids.
thank you
rickyk4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically with Gixen the number of bids submitted so far is irrelevant, as Gixen will only ever bid once for any particular item. Once at the end, that is.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and the quantity shown is the number that you wish to buy... that is an input to Gixen that you make which is reflected back to you so that you are aware what you have requested Gixen to do for you.

It is not the quantity available, for that you still have to look on eBay, as you do for the number of bids.
tjc4golf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to see the number of bids or simply a "yes" or "no" column added.

Most of the items I bid on have a starting price so there is not a ton of bidding. And I can't tell from the Gixen main screen no one has bid if there is one bidder.

For example, right now I have a swipe scheduled for an item with a $39.99 starting price. From the Gixen main screen I don't know if there is 0 bids or 1 bid. I needed to click on the link to the ebay auction to find out - there were no other bids.

Sometimes, if I know someone else is bidding, I rethink how much I am willing to pay and increase my snipe price.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic perhaps, but I'd be interested to know if anyone is actually inputing a quantity greater than 1 these days?

John posted a link a number of months ago which (I think) said multiple item auctions were being phased out in May... I dont know if that reflected the wordwide situation though and there are some still in other regions than the US?

If they have now gone then the whole quantity implementation is irrelevant now isn't it?.. and it might as well be removed, at least from the interface to avoid any further confusion...

Whether it gets replaced with the number of bids is a seperate request, though admittedly that is the subject of this thread... I'm neutral on that ... I dont mind either way it is almost always irelevant to me.
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very resource intensive for Gixen to monitor eBay dynamically for time sensitive information, such as the current number of bids. In fact, Gixen updates the current price (bid) as a batch job every three hours or so and thus cannot be relied upon to be up to date. The same would be true for the current number of bids. Besides, the whole point of sniping is to hide your intentions and to the extent that others snipe as well, the number of bids is essentially useless information. So, while it is probably not difficult to add the number of bids to the information Gixen displays, it wouldn't be very helpful.

I would recommend adding each item you intend to bid on to your eBay watch list and monitor the number of bids from there.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.